X4 Foundations

Associate
Well I seem to have a game braking bug anytime I open a menu/map I go flying round the sector in seconds have to wait for a patch to fix it seeing as I need to use the menus and map to do anything :/

Soldato
Looking at the reviews and first impressions people have been publishing so far, it looks like the people who can actually get it to run properly are having a good time, but others are encountering horrible framerates, glitches, and game-breaking bugs. I might wait a few patches before buying, but it's a shame because I was quite looking forward to this.

Will it run on my system, or should I think about upgrading? i5-6600k CPU @ 3.5GHz, 8GB memory, 970GTX graphics.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
AI likes to bounce off gates and stations a lot like in the old games though..

Ah just like old times then, I remember the very first time I bought a cap ship in X3TC, a Boreas no less which took an eye watering amount of time to save up for, only to sit there and watch in utter disbelief as it smeared itself all over a gate when I sent it to the next system to outfit full shields, lesson rapidly & painfully learnt. :p

Associate
will my pc run this im newish to pcs

ive got an i5 4660 3.2ghz
4gig nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti graphics card
16gig of ram

minimum specs say 3.3 ghz processor

id like to play this game but rather not buy it if my pc wont run it

thanks

Soldato
Game looks pretty good, especially with it having elements from X3 :D

I think I will wait to see how it goes as I only have a 2500k @ 4.8Ghz at the moment

Soldato
Well I seem to have a game braking bug anytime I open a menu/map I go flying round the sector in seconds have to wait for a patch to fix it seeing as I need to use the menus and map to do anything :/

This is known and apparantly being fixed next patch. There is a something that fixes this but I don't know what it is offhand so a bit of googling may need to be done.

Associate
Running fine and had no crashes yet. absolutely loving it. Much better UI than X3 and everything is in right click menus now which is much easier. Mining crystal from asteroids is a good money maker early game.

Soldato
^^ I know Rebirth got better but I have enough problems waiting on games being made/fixed without throwing another one one :)

In no rush, that's the beauty of single player games!

Man of Honour
Tried it. Performance OK, UI not bad, movement clunky, didn’t think it looked all that mind blowing, didn’t really capture me. Refunded. Will pick it up when cheaper and optimised a little.

Permabanned
Actually finding this hard to get into. Granted I've not done many of the tutorials but as a veteran x player this should be a doddle to get to grips with. Only just figured out I need to engage autopilot if I want flick through the UI whilst travelling as without it travel mode is disabled.

Still loads of bits and bobs I'm not clear on. What's the difference between travel mode and SETA?

Soldato
Tried it. Performance OK, UI not bad, movement clunky, didn’t think it looked all that mind blowing, didn’t really capture me. Refunded. Will pick it up when cheaper and optimised a little.

I felt the same tbh. None of the X sequels have really sucked me in like the original one did. The attention to detail is good, but I don't really have the urge to keep playing.

First impressions of X4 was it looks and feels dated (especially on the lighting side of things). Why it sucks so much performance I can't figure out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom