Sound Blaster XF-I Titainium STILL no working in Windows 10!!??

Associate
So i have just done a fresh Windows 10 install (first time in about 2yrs) and im shocked to discover that The SB XF-I Titainium card still does not work correctly in Windows 10!.

I know back a few years the XF-I Titainium would show up as an unknown device in the Win 10 device manager at least that now doesn't happen as Windows 10 does appear to identify and install the sound card drivers correctly but im unable to get audio from the rear port BUT i can get audio from the front port on my case. Any ideas??

Man of Honour
Headphone/jack detection can be a bit wonky in Windows 10 especially if it shows up as a separate device. There are some registry tweaks for auto jack detection, etc. but I can't remember the details off the top of my head.

In Windows 7 some soundcards they will happily output to the headphone jack in stereo mode that need you to manually configure headphones in Windows 10 before the headphone socket works at all.

Associate
OP
Yeah i just had into install a driver Creative released back in 2016 and now it works ok, would have preferred and thought windows 10 would have had a working driver out the gate by now

Soldato
Drivers from windows update always suck. You should always go direct to manufacturer.

edit: ah, too slow :p

In the past, I've had no end of grief with windows 10 actually overwriting SB-Z drivers that I've installed manually with it's own broken poop from windows update.

Soldato
What is it with Win10 and driver support, especially with Audio. Every (modern) OS from Microsoft has been great with drivers, somehow win10 is rubbish.

I had loads of faff installing audio drivers for my Mobo, and I never got the Antlion ModMic to work properly. I don’t remember it being as awkward on winME all the way to 8.1.

If the UI on 10 wasn’t so excellent (except for making it unnecessarily difficult to get to the ‘proper’ settings / control panel) I’d go back to 8.1.

Man of Honour
I had loads of faff installing audio drivers for my Mobo, and I never got the Antlion ModMic to work properly.

It is actually quite frustrating as I've had to do stuff on a number of systems where Windows randomly decides it knows better and installs a non-working driver automatically :( and/or resets all audio settings when randomly updating even sometimes just reinstalling the same driver. It is one of the many reasons I won't use Windows 10 on any of my main PCs.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom