**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
I picked up one of these last week from Amazon Prime Now as it was a fiver off. Really impressed with the battery life, which is important to me as I have a long commute. I have a Galaxy S9 which is great but the battery life isn't good enough for me, and also an Essential PH-1 but the camera is awful on that so the 6T is pretty much the perfect phone for me. The only issue I have is that it won't pair with my Black Friday cheapo bluetooth headphones, which work on my other phone and Macbook, and the lack of 3.5mm jack.

Soldato
I picked up one of these last week from Amazon Prime Now as it was a fiver off. Really impressed with the battery life, which is important to me as I have a long commute. I have a Galaxy S9 which is great but the battery life isn't good enough for me, and also an Essential PH-1 but the camera is awful on that so the 6T is pretty much the perfect phone for me. The only issue I have is that it won't pair with my Black Friday cheapo bluetooth headphones, which work on my other phone and Macbook, and the lack of 3.5mm jack.

I'm thinking of getting the Oneplus 6t; however could you have not just got a battery power bank for your S9?

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the Oneplus 6t; however could you have not just got a battery power bank for your S9?
I did, but it's a pain if you are going out for the day without a bag and then need to carry one around, or forget to charge it. I can sell the S9 and cover most of the cost of the 6T, which I find to be a much better phone generally. The Samsung bloat sending constant notifications of updates of apps I don't want was also annoying. Oxygen OS is much cleaner, although probably sending all of my data to China. :D

Soldato
If I scratch up the screen protector I can replace that whenever I want, if I scratch up the screen I have to live with it. If you don't care about small scratches then lucky you, you don't need to worry about a screen protector.

Seriously, what do you people do to your phones? I have recently sold my S7 when I got the 6T and I was asked in all seriousness if it had ever been taken out of it's original packaging. No screen protector (this is the first time I've had a phone with one) but a case goes on straight out of the box, plus if carried in pocket or jacket that is the only item in there i.e. no keys, coins or anything else.

Associate
Seriously, what do you people do to your phones? I have recently sold my S7 when I got the 6T and I was asked in all seriousness if it had ever been taken out of it's original packaging. No screen protector (this is the first time I've had a phone with one) but a case goes on straight out of the box, plus if carried in pocket or jacket that is the only item in there i.e. no keys, coins or anything else.

I don't really understand why it's such a big problem for others that some people prefer to use them, we can both have what we want at no cost to one another.

Associate
Soldato
It's not a problem, the poster is simply amazed people can treat their phones so bad they need one :)

Correct. But then I was raised in the 1950s where money and products were scarce. You had to mend and make do, so looking after what you owned was paramount. Everything we have is the same, products years and years old still look like they're waiting to be switched on or used for the first time.

I hate the thought of abusing/not looking after my possessions.

Back
Top Bottom