Prime just got activated on my Amazon account, but it wasn't from me..

Associate
OP
So... Apparently my dad did go ahead with his amazon prime trial that he got in the mail. He used his login details and somehow it triggered and activated for me as well. We live in the same house, but don't share the same name or account.

Capodecina
Soldato
Amazon claim that they make next to zero profit (and consequently pay pennies in tax) because of how much they invest in R&D and Technology.
I suspect that most of this "investment" is in devising cunning schemes to pull stunts like this.

Soldato
I've subbed to Prime twice now by mistake just buying stuff they really are sneaky *****.

Yeah, always found they that they try and confuse you into accidentally signing up, especially with how the checkout layout is, they have the prime stuff smack in your face, and a little no thanks out of view to try and trick you, sneaky. And cancelling you need to confirm about 3 times just in case you're not sure.

Soldato
I have found I keep getting subscribed to Amazon music - turns out it was my 4yo asking Alexa to play some music - cant believe it will allow that as I have purchases through Alexa disabled!

Amazon are getting pretty sneaky when it comes to signing up to Prime, I was caught out the other week and although I cancelled as soon became aware, what is it with the nagging messages asking if I was sure I wanted to cancel?

I've subbed to Prime twice now by mistake just buying stuff they really are sneaky *****.

The sign-ups seem to catch able bodied people in the best of times. I am partially sighted and have accidentally signed up to Prime because of the misleading up-sell messages I get when going to Amazon checkout. Is there a way to circumvent this, for example a Greasemonkey script that makes the page more accessible? I think that up-selling should be made crystal clear to the user. A good example of this is Tesco, where it will suggest some extra items at checkout and there is a big button that you can press to skip that page and continue onto payment.

Associate
Had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago.

I spoke to support and they canceled and refunded me no problem. But never found out why or how it had happened.

When I went to speak to support after recieving the email I had to find my log in details for amazon, it had been that long since I had used it so I dont think I had done it by accident.

I do have a fire tv box but purchases are supposed to ask for confirmation and a password.

Soldato
It happened to me a while ago, I freaked and changed password as well as enabling 2FA.

Then I realised I'd given my old firestick to my sister's boyfriend and not de-registered it from my account... de-registered it, cancelled and refunded prime. Job done.

Associate
I had this happen to me last night, had to cancel the prime never wanted it never clicked to have it, I am *removed* hot with payments subscriptions, this did it itself watch it lads something ain't right probably come out in a few weeks they been hacked lol.

Back
Top Bottom