Energy Suppliers

Soldato
If you have ios get yourself https://grahamhaley.co.uk/meters/ App as you can then keep track of readings going forward independant of any supplier you happen to be with at the time. It shows monthly/quarterly/yearly figures in handy charts, daily usage, all previous readings. If you setup the costing correctly you can do a quick check within the app if there's savings to be made and if so, open the Energylink website or email yourself a comparision link complete with your energy value for previous 12 months already entered. I've been using this app for 3 or 4 years now and save me a fair bit of time looking up bills.

This is mine right now. Going to click More Info now to see who the £81.59 savings might be with but probably won't switch as I've set myself £100-150 figure before switching

[edit] just checked the link and looked at all suppliers (not just those I can switch to today) and the saving is only £1.50 with Utility point or Powershop at +£0.14 a year all other suppliers + £83 or more

If you have Android, then unfortunaty, the coder doesn't do an Android version but perhaps there's a similar app out there.
Cheers for that one. Sadly I'm on android only for the most part. It does look like an excellent app though so I'll keep it in mind should I opt for a new tablet in future (likely be ios this time).

Associate
I just switched from Outfox to Octopus - will be cheaper with the referral code and monthly Fixed D/D. Need stability with Brexit incoming!

Soldato
and monthly Fixed D/D
everyone I have ever used has fixed D/D ?

Octopus aren't cheaper than Bulb for me, my relatively high electricity use, and bulb lower unit rates , does not offset the cheaper octopus gas,
also octopus don't have £30 dual reduction (east Anglia)

46172438401_97a2abbe99_b_d.jpg

edit: due diligence had looked at octopus accounts (lower section of image)
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09263424/filing-history
what is the charge/debenture they have with Shell ? - just curious

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Another letter, text and email from First Utility pushing the smart meters again. Making it looks like you must do something -

Capture.jpg

No chance of having one of these until all suppliers can use them. Can't wait to leave FU next month when out of contract.

Soldato
Another letter, text and email from First Utility pushing the smart meters again. Making it looks like you must do something -

Capture.jpg

No chance of having one of these until all suppliers can use them. Can't wait to leave FU next month when out of contract.

Are you on their Smart tarrif? Just make sure they don't charge you for not getting a smart meter if you are.

Soldato
Can i get a pureplanet referral please? Am i right in thinking that i am not tied in on a minimum period with them so if they start hiking up prices i could still switch?

Soldato
Whats the best site you guys use to compare tariffs and prices? Currently with bulb and thinking of dropping my DD using up my remaining credit then moving onto someone cheaper.

Soldato
What are these jokers playing at?

I know quite a few forum members are with them. Interested to hear your thoughts?

They are getting very close pricewise to the big boys now. Making me wonder about changing again. British gas with quidco is actually on par, plus I get the reward benefits!

To be honest, when I heard about them on here and decided to join, I had a feeling they'd sting me with constant increases. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is. My bill has gone from £67 a month to over £120 in the space of four months lol I know they have this weird winter/summer pricing structure now but even with that factored in, they are getting expensive.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I'm with them :D. They're still my cheapest provider even with the price increases as it happens otherwise I'd have ditched them. Not sure what to do really, I can't see them surviving this. Think I'll probably look at Octopus or someone similar.

It's amazing how they destroyed their company overnight. Have you seen they've been flagging lots of Trustpilot reviews for silly reasons so get them removed? Pretty desperate.

Soldato
I'm with them :D. They're still my cheapest provider even with the price increases as it happens otherwise I'd have ditched them. Not sure what to do really, I can't see them surviving this. Think I'll probably look at Octopus or someone similar.

It's amazing how they destroyed their company overnight. Have you seen they've been flagging lots of Trustpilot reviews for silly reasons so get them removed? Pretty desperate.

Yeah, I think this could be the end of them to be honest. Just on the various compare sites now looking at who to move to.

Back
Top Bottom