BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
It's a diesel 3 series. With adaptive suspension it's pretty comfortable and handles reasonably. It's not exactly a track machine or luxo barge.

Really not sure what your point is - it's not a secret that the xDrive has handling deficiencies and I can't see why you are so against anyone wanting to improve that.

OcUK Staff
Compromises, I'm afraid. Been looking for months, and one with Pro Nav, adaptive suspension, Estoril Blue, electric folding mirrors and HK are hard as nails to find. I really wanted Apple Car Play too, but resided that to stuff of dreams, but this has it. Along with adaptive LED's and heated seats, for good measure.

The wheels could be pink as far as I'm concerned, the other spec is on point.

The brand new MPSS she's shod with doesn't hurt, either. Although I appreciate that's built into the cost, somewhere.

Changing wheel colour is easy and cheap, don't worry about it.

Caporegime
Really not sure what your point is - it's not a secret that the xDrive has handling deficiencies and I can't see why you are so against anyone wanting to improve that.

Firstly I've clearly missed where he said it's a 335d. Secondly I've driven one and wouldn't describe it as having deficiencies more that it is what it is, a diesel saloon and that's what it felt like.

Soldato
Black plastic kidneys look well cheap now. :(

See, that's something I'd have optioned myself :D

Changing wheel colour is easy and cheap, don't worry about it.

My plan is to keep it two years or so and trade it in against an M340i (pending on how it stacks up next summer), or an M2 Comp, providing I can afford one when they're two years old. As such, I doubt very much I'll make any changes to this M140i, but we'll see how it goes. If a BMW LSD was slightly more affordable, that's where my money would go.

Man of Honour
Firstly I've clearly missed where he said it's a 335d.

He said it's an xDrive, they all handle the same really.

Secondly I've driven one and wouldn't describe it as having deficiencies more that it is what it is, a diesel saloon and that's what it felt like.

It feels notably different to say a 330d. It might be a diesel saloon but it's still a very powerful, quick car so it isnt surprising that some owners find its lack of handling to match it's power disappointing. Nobody expects it to handle like a Porsche, just not worse than a 330d.

Associate
I'm currently bashing my head off a wall trying to update my car's map software. The car is currently on Road Map EUROPE Next 2015-1 (NBT_l14375A) and I've downloaded Road Map EUROPE Next 2018-2 through the connected drive USB map update.
I'm using a 64gb stick formatted in FAT32 - the files are all extracted etc but when I plug it into the car it just doesn't seem to recgonise the update.

I'm just waiting for the files to copy back to my usb pen on a 32GB FAT32 Partition to see if that helps at all.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Associate
Yeah I've just went out to tripple check. There's definitely not one there.
I've used the same USB pen to update the car software but it just won't pick the map up for some reason

Soldato
Compromises, I'm afraid. Been looking for months, and one with Pro Nav, adaptive suspension, Estoril Blue, electric folding mirrors and HK are hard as nails to find. I really wanted Apple Car Play too, but resided that to stuff of dreams, but this has it. Along with adaptive LED's and heated seats, for good measure.

The wheels could be pink as far as I'm concerned, the other spec is on point.

The brand new MPSS she's shod with doesn't hurt, either. Although I appreciate that's built into the cost, somewhere.

Apple car play can be added for less than £100. You have to fit the wi-fi antenna and then they remote code it, or you can take it to them. At least two doing it on babybmw.

Soldato
Yeah I've just went out to tripple check. There's definitely not one there.
I've used the same USB pen to update the car software but it just won't pick the map up for some reason
Isn't it under the glovebox in the passenger footwell area?
Although i'd expect updates to work from the centre one.

Soldato
Apple car play can be added for less than £100. You have to fit the wi-fi antenna and then they remote code it, or you can take it to them. At least two doing it on babybmw.

Sounds faffy. I'll take my version that came from the factory :)

Good to know for future ref.

Back
Top Bottom