Just Cause 4

Soldato
JC2 was great, but I got my fill there and have had zero desire to play the sequels.
This looks like another carbon copy, but even looks graphically worse than JC2 it seems (that water WTF).

Soldato
It's a bit flickery in the beginning, just a heads up.

Edit: New Nvidia Driver is out now for it.

Edit 2: Restart Steam if you have Gold/Deluxe, it's unpacking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a good bit of playtime so here's the pros and cons from my perspective.

Pros.
1. Gunplay sounds great and feels punchy. They have a real crack sound to gunfire especially when colliding with glass, metal etc.

2. Vehicle handling is more fluent, espcially going full lock to full lock and not snappy at all. Bike handling is a lot better than JC3, he leans into turns properly etc. But it still has that JC3 feel.

3. More vehicle variety. Last night I played with a magnetic crane to pick up, extend the boom and swing cargo containers etc into destructable objects. There is a flat bed semi truck you can operate the ramp to drive and tether down vehicles for transport ( I took a quad and dirt bike up a mountain at once). Monster trucks in a stunt stadium are also a good bit of fun.

4. The boosters, baloons and tethers.
There is a LOT of combination to be tested here. I had booster on "tap" control on a boat and added 10 to it via the tether button so it boosted only when I tapped. Adding baloons with explosive helium mod can be devastating, especially when you the set the height to "no limits". Lastly the retractor, which is great fun. Set 1 of 3 strengths then attach one object to another. The first object you select is what gets flung, the second is the "pivot point". This is where it will fling into. Even on "soft" mod setting they go a good 20 metres and more, Extreme is a whole nother game :).

4. The foliage looks great. Huge variety of plants, rocks etc in each biome. Some really thick jungle bush feels like Crysis at times.

Cons.

1. I had 5 crashes last night. All random, fullscreen or windowed does not make a difference. Although I was alt tabbing a lot so...

2. Anti Aliasing is not good. Really noticable on grass and Rico's hair and cars. Even on Max in game or forced via nvidia it does look like it works.

3. Pop in on foliage and ground is quite severe. The plants like grass and bushes tend to "fizzle" in like the settings on Powerpoint.

That covers the main parts. Any questions feel free.

Soldato
I bought it yesterday after telling myself to wait a month or two and grab it a bit cheaper, but well yeah :p

I really didn't get to grips with JC3, it was a big let down after the second one. JC4 is actually fun out the box, the graphics are great (there are some AA problems like DigiX stated above) the movement and control is fast and fluid.

I've been lucky to ahve had only one ctd in the 2 hours I spent trying it out and that was after initial cutscene. It's not super amazing and it's also not too bad. Few pics > here < ...

Soldato
Are you getting "dithering" grass, that almost looks like it's fizzling for want of a better word? That's quite a big issue for me. No matter how I force AA.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From what I have seen now that it is out, I will be waiting 6-12 months before picking this up. As someone who has JC2 and 3 I feel in no rush.

Back
Top Bottom