Just Cause 4

Associate
Anybody got this? Any good? What are the Gfx like? HDR?

*Edit- just read a few comments on a review and sounds like it looks dated so will give it a miss*

Last edited:
Soldato
I have it and I’m liking it so far. It’s no looker compared to other recent releases but it’s not too bad. Only done a couple of hours and it’s pretty much more of the same with more gadgets and bigger explosions.

Soldato
Looks wise it's pretty rough, has annoying shimmer on objects, HDR is a bit ***** one section at the beginning everything was gold, and looks dated compared to odyssey or RDR2, but if you like Just Cause as a fun blow everything up type game it's great fun.

Soldato
Looks wise it's pretty rough, has annoying shimmer on objects, HDR is a bit ***** one section at the beginning everything was gold, and looks dated compared to odyssey or RDR2, but if you like Just Cause as a fun blow everything up type game it's great fun.

Yep it looks like a 360 game tbh. It seems to be running in a low res and the AA is horrendous lots of shimmer and rough edges. The texture pop in is also really bad especially when flying.

It’s still fun to play and as they say graphics are not everything..... lol..

Last edited:
Soldato
The Blur and Flickering is giving me a headache now. The whole game in motion flickers and the motion blur is just about the worst I have seen. Think this will be off to CEX...

Soldato
The Blur and Flickering is giving me a headache now. The whole game in motion flickers and the motion blur is just about the worst I have seen. Think this will be off to CEX...

Yeah the blue is very odd, around the edges of vehicles is the worst imo, I need to give it more time, but IMO JC3 looked cleaner and ran better on X than JC4 currently does

Associate
OP

Oh dear this is a shame. Was hoping this might be a purchase for Xmas. Looks like it will have to be Battlefield5 then.

Soldato
Tried again today and nope the blur and flicker kills my head. Sent it to CEX....

Shockingly crap excuse for a game tbh. 3 looks and runs much better the dev should be ashamed....

Caporegime
For anybody saying next gen consoles should not come before 2021, this is proof as to why they ought to be here next week, if I had my way. Developers are clearly getting too ambitious for what the Xbox and PS4 can do now. It really is time to move on. We're going backwards as I've read this game is as low as 720p on PS4 and even the X1X doesn't go higher than 1080p.

Soldato
I don’t think it’s the consoles performance that is the issue it’s the developers lazy effort. The fact it looks and runs worse than it’s predessor that came out 3 years ago says a lot tbh....

There is nothing ambitious about JC4 there have been better looking and running games on 360....

Caporegime
I don’t think it’s the consoles performance that is the issue it’s the developers lazy effort. The fact it looks and runs worse than it’s predessor that came out 3 years ago says a lot tbh....

There is nothing ambitious about JC4.

What? Nothing ambitious? That tornado whirling around the map must take a big chunk of processing with all its physics. I've never seen anything like that in a game before.

Soldato
What? Nothing ambitious? That tornado whirling around the map must take a big chunk of processing with all its physics. I've never seen anything like that in a game before.

Have you seen the rest of it though ? The tornado even looks crap when you get near.

Don’t forget most videos online are the PC version which looks a million times better than the consoles mainly because you can disable the horrendous motion blur they have used to try and hide the graphical mess.

15n7r52.jpg

o8hwrm.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Have you seen the rest of it though ? The tornado even looks crap when you get near.

Don’t forget most videos online are the PC version which looks a million times better than the consoles.

But isn't that what I'm trying to say? The developers' ambition is realised on the PC. The consoles aren't powerful enough to do it justice. So what should they have done? Logically my brain says tone everything down so you get a locked 1080p30 on PS4 as most sales will be on that platform but my heart would be to stick to my vision and try to do as best I could with the consoles. So yes you could have a point that they engineered for PC first and didn't put as much effort in to the consoles.

Soldato
But isn't that what I'm trying to say? The developers' ambition is realised on the PC. The consoles aren't powerful enough to do it justice. So what should they have done? Logically my brain says tone everything down so you get a locked 1080p30 on PS4 as most sales will be on that platform but my heart would be to stick to my vision and try to do as best I could with the consoles. So yes you could have a point that they engineered for PC first and didn't put as much effort in to the consoles.

Look at other games like red dead it’s visuals and physics engine is stunning and runs at 4K on One X. This barely reaches 1080p at times and looks worse than some 360 games. JC3 looks and runs better with all the physics too.

It’s not the consoles that cannot cope it’s the developers crap outdated engine that cannot cope.

Soldato
The RPS review was rather scathing, which I'd initially thought was down to just another crap PC release but Eurogamer's "Recommended" was from the PC version too.

Back
Top Bottom