I made some things out of rubbish

Soldato
Very cool,

Just a note - I would consider not mentioning what they are made out of etc - On your ebay ad it feels like you are cheapening the item by saying "reclaimed junk parts" etc - I wouldn't put that in.

Very cool indeed mind you - looks superb

Yeah, "clutter sculptures" sounds better than "re-purposed rubbish" :D

Soldato
Very impressive, I too think you're probably selling yourself short, how long do the dogs take?

I guess if you start producing more of them, then they'll take less time as you'll be used to the process etc.

Associate
OP
Very impressive, I too think you're probably selling yourself short, how long do the dogs take?

I guess if you start producing more of them, then they'll take less time as you'll be used to the process etc.

Yes exactly right, the first one took me a day of faffing about and trying different sized cans, spoons to get the proportions right. Now if I have the right bits and plenty of tea I can make a dog in about an hour.

Associate
Looks amazing! Can someone link to the old thread with the Robocop, i'm sure there's plenty that haven't seen, if its the same one I'm thinking of that had lots of machined aluminium parts?

Soldato
Awesome work, you proved with your Cain model you have real talent.

In regards to finding a shopfront for this stuff - there has to be a subreddit out there where these things would be a huge hit.

Associate
OP
Hello people, I have made another run of dogs and 2 new little robot guys. I will be putting them on ebay soon.

They all look so happy!

dogs.jpg

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

First one has a sort of grabber dealy and a spiny gun thing, the 2nd has a grabber and I was going for a flame thrower? I ended up spending way too long making bits like the little gas bottle thing, rather than reusing stuff I had.

r8.JPG

r9.JPG

r10.JPG

r11.JPG

r12.JPG

Soldato
Very cool, well done that man! I like those a lot - especially the dog!

Also, was going to say about the 'batteries not included' likeness but some have already stated it :)

Back
Top Bottom