New iPad. Best way to set up?

Soldato
Hi. Wondered if someone can shed some light on the best way of doing the following....

I have a iPhone and a iPad. All on my same Apple ID etc. All work fine.

We have just purchased another iPad. I’d like some of the purchased apps on the excisting iPad to go onto the new iPad.

What’s best way to set it up. Should I just do a restore from previous backup when I set it up using MY Apple ID. Or would that In turn do something to my existing iPad?

Bit confused on best way.

Thanks

Associate
Is this for someone other than you to use (eg a wife/partner/child?) The best thing in those cases would be to set it up as a new Ipad with their Apple ID and then use the family sharing options to download the apps you want for free. If it's not you using it in the main I've come to the conclusion it is much less hassle to just create Apple IDs for everyone and use those as the primary account on each device.

Or are you just replacing an old Ipad with a new one for your use?

Soldato
OP
Is this for someone other than you to use (eg a wife/partner/child?) The best thing in those cases would be to set it up as a new Ipad with their Apple ID and then use the family sharing options to download the apps you want for free. If it's not you using it in the main I've come to the conclusion it is much less hassle to just create Apple IDs for everyone and use those as the primary account on each device.

Or are you just replacing an old Ipad with a new one for your use?

Yes. That maybe a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom