GT86/GR86/BRZ

Associate
OP
I've noticed since I enabled that shift indicator it does that "calibration" sequence before starting, a bit annoying having to wait for that to finish before you can see temp & fuel.

(I know about the pressing the button to see fuel when the car is stopped :p)

Soldato
Last few days I've noticed an awful smell when I first get in the car, it's like somethings died in there. :(

After reading online it sounds like it could be an oil leak. Where should I look?

Soldato
Could be the cabin filters or damp within the car. Should really run the aircon often/all the time, especially if you have the R1234yf gas (check under bonnet for gas sticker).

I've currently got new car smell due to the gunk they use to re-seal the doors.

Soldato
Could be the cabin filters or damp within the car. Should really run the aircon often/all the time, especially if you have the R1234yf gas (check under bonnet for gas sticker).

I've currently got new car smell due to the gunk they use to re-seal the doors.

Ok thanks I will try that tomorrow.

I can't feel any damp anywhere, and kinda feel the smell is a lot worse than what damp smells like.

Soldato
The vents probably need cleaning. You can buy expanding foam cleaner which will fit up the whole thing and disinfect it.

There is a common oil leak from the cam cover plate. Small bits of oil will drop on the manifold and burn, especially after revving it hard. But that won't be what the rotting smell is.

Soldato
The vents probably need cleaning. You can buy expanding foam cleaner which will fit up the whole thing and disinfect it.

There is a common oil leak from the cam cover plate. Small bits of oil will drop on the manifold and burn, especially after revving it hard. But that won't be what the rotting smell is.

Thanks, I have a few things to check now. Will give an update tomorrow.

Soldato
It’ll take more than a single blast an it’s likely to need a new pollen filter and vent disinfection. AC should be on year round with these cars, there’s literally no reason not to have it on.

Soldato
It’ll take more than a single blast an it’s likely to need a new pollen filter and vent disinfection. AC should be on year round with these cars, there’s literally no reason not to have it on.

They won't be blocked, but the smell is usually caused by bacteria.

Thank you for your help. I'll leave it switched on all the time from now on.

I looked at a video on youtube to find out how to take out the pollen filter, so will take a look at it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom