** LIAN-LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC EDITION - A NEW ENTHUSIAST PRICE/PERFORMANCE CONTENDER ARRIVES **

Associate
Put mine together today apart from psu, got an 8pack 2kw spare but at 220mm long and a single gpu build I decided to take it down a notch with a 1kw corsair unit. Should be arriving tomorrow.

Case is pretty damn good, nearly a 10/10 but attention to detail let's it down, just like so many others, it's the small things that count!

Overall layout is pretty damn impressive tbh, everything just gels. Vertical rad/fan mount can fit fans or rad in 2nd (back) chamber with enough room in front for rad and fans, push pull heaven if you want it or minimal intrusion into main chamber if you don't. Single gpu loop would be a sinch, dual do-able but would need careful planning.

Same goes for top, managed to fit a 120mm hybrid rad with push pull no problem and cpu 8 pin isn't too much of a ball ache to get in. You can shoehorn x1 120mm and x2 140mm If you so wish btw.

Cable pass through holes all in the right places, really like the angled chamber divider, gives the 24pin a nice smooth run through to the back. Even more so with the strimmer and will no doubt show it off a bit more.

Finish is excellent and considering the wgx is the best part of 100 quid more I'd say it's pretty good value for money! Don't really notice the difference between steel and alu when it's sat on your desk.

What let it down...

Pcie slot covers. Minor niggle but these feel cheap as chips and don't sit great. The slots they fit into are cut too wide which means they don't sit snuggly till fully screwed in. Little bit of adjusting needed during last half turn of the screwdriver. They also have a notable gap above the top slot which could have been avoided with slightly better design. Would like to have seen slot covers that are held down / positioned with 2 screws, usually full hole and half hole shared with the next slot.

Air vents on the rear. For crying out loud, stop making part useless aesthetic air slots and machine them to suit fans. I've got a pair of 80mm noctuas that will probably fit with rubber pin mounts but if it was machined for fans intentionally then you've got a nice bit of extra exhaust (or intake if you wish) for the mobo vrms. Machine it for 80-90mm fans then a blanking plate could also be supplied to aid case pressure for cooling.

Fan dust covers. Don't need to say much on this as they're probably the same as what comes with the air version, been covered by most reviews. But yeah, no need to try and stop 1 micron dust, use a less dense filter, these are way OTT for stopping dust.

4th and last which is a personal bug bear, the usb3 cable. Why on earth would you design the chassis 3mm short of having full clearance from 25mm btm fans with the pre fitted usb3 cable. Either add on that 3mm in height to the mobo tray or supply a 4 inch 90deg usb3 extension cable. As it is, it's jammed in at an angle and due to the dual ribbon, looks like a bag of **** with the way the cable needs to twist. Off to cable mods to find a 90deg extension....

R4awoko.jpg.png

Apart from that, what else would I like to see? Vertical gpu mount that allows btm fans. I've seen threads with it done already with a bit of tweaking, shouldn't need to home brew solution to sort this. Redesign the official mount and jobs a good un.

Great effort Baron and team / Roman, only needs minor refining to get a 10/10 from me.
R4awoko.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone used this case for a CPU with AIO and an air cooled GPU?

I would like to intake from the sides and the top (with an AIO) and have nothing on the bottom as I plan to put a lightbox there. If this is garbage for that then I'll have to get the Air version.

I would like to intake from the sides and the top (with an AIO) and have nothing on the bottom as I plan to put a lightbox there. If this is garbage for that then I'll have to get the Air version.

If you were doing an air cooled GPU id want three fans at the bottom feeding the card, well technically two and the last one would feed the case along with the two sides. Id have the top AIO exhausting.

Associate

Might be better with the air. You've got no active exhausting with that setup. With the air you can intake the front which will feed the gpu fresh air and exhaust up top.

Soldato
I've just bought one of these in black. Smaller than expected in a good way and looks good quality for the price. Planning a Ryzen 3000 build with EK Phoenix for cooling.

Soldato
I've finally got around to building in to my Dynamic today and i have a couple of questions.

The front glass panel doesn't seem to attach to the case very securely. I can put one finger on it and giggle it from side to side a good 3mm or so. Is this normal?

My plan with the case was to mount my AIO radiator up top and then have three fans mounted at the bottom blowing directly at my GPU however i've run in to the same problem as Doug in post #101. I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter of some sort that would provide adequate clearance for my fans?

Thanks

Associate
The front glass panel doesn't seem to attach to the case very securely. I can put one finger on it and giggle it from side to side a good 3mm or so. Is this normal?

I would say not, but in fairness the side panels are really 'locked' in place when the top panel is put on.

I got mine delivered from OCUK yesterday, it's cavernous inside! Really impressed with the overall quality and layout, although I am also having the same issue as @Goose and @Doug2507 - maybe De8auer thought everyone would use motherboards with USB3 headers on the right hand side of the motherboard?

Another issue I have is that at the moment, I am making do with air cooling until the New Year, when I fancy having a go at a custom loop for my CPU. I ordered some 120mm XSPC fans to fit in the case vertically, next to the cable routing holes to the right of the motherboard tray. Being a complete :eek::mad::eek::rolleyes::eek: muppet, I forgot to order some fan fixings. Has anyone tried the Noctua NA-SAV2 (or similar) rubber mounts to fix fans to the PC-011?

Ta :)

Associate
I've finally got around to building in to my Dynamic today and i have a couple of questions.

My plan with the case was to mount my AIO radiator up top and then have three fans mounted at the bottom blowing directly at my GPU however i've run in to the same problem as Doug in post #101. I was wondering if anyone knows of an adapter of some sort that would provide adequate clearance for my fans?

Thanks

Google for 90 deg usb3 adaptor, you'll find them straight away although only in blue. Can't really see it in case and wroks a charm. I got the one that results in the cable plugging in from the top. I'll take a pic when the rest of the family is up!

Shouldn't be any panel movement. Is the panel flush with the top of the case and are the bottom pins in?

@TangoEchoAlpha fans pretty much always come with mounting screws, should be fine. I've got rubber mounts with my nf-af's, not used them but they'll work just fine.

Soldato
Google for 90 deg usb3 adaptor, you'll find them straight away although only in blue. Can't really see it in case and wroks a charm. I got the one that results in the cable plugging in from the top. I'll take a pic when the rest of the family is up!

Shouldn't be any panel movement. Is the panel flush with the top of the case and are the bottom pins in?

@TangoEchoAlpha fans pretty much always come with mounting screws, should be fine. I've got rubber mounts with my nf-af's, not used them but they'll work just fine.

Thanks for that Doug. Is the adapter you're using just the cheapo rainforest ones dispatched from china?

I'm going to post a video later of the front panel movement because i'm worried i've got a bad one.

Associate

Cheers for that :)

Getting back to the USB adapter, I think the further issue I might have is the placement of the Gigabyte X470 heatsink near the SATA ports - it's quite tall relative to the motherboard surface and a 90 degree adapter might foul the heatsink.

Might have to see if I can find one that is a ribbon cable that I can guide back behind the motherboard tray and out of the way...

Back
Top Bottom