Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Intrigued to see what look like some big updates to this. I last played over two years ago now. Will my old character still be viable, or am I best starting over?

And is this still worth playing as a single-player only ARPG (i.e. no guilds, no co-op, no pvp, etc.)?

Associate
Intrigued to see what look like some big updates to this. I last played over two years ago now. Will my old character still be viable, or am I best starting over?

And is this still worth playing as a single-player only ARPG (i.e. no guilds, no co-op, no pvp, etc.)?

There's been some pretty good improvements and additional content added over the last year or so, It means there's a lot more things to get your head around, but it's become very content rich compared to it's rivals.

Your character will still be there, but only in the standard league. You will need to create a new Betrayal league character to experience the new content, with it likely being added as part of the core game for standard characters after the league is finished (usually 3-4 months).

I honesty think this is the best ARPG game at the moment, there are a lot of things to learn and understand if you want to get the best from the end game content, but that only keeps you coming back once you start figuring things out. I've played this mostly single player, I sometimes group with a friend but have never had any issues progressing alone. POE trade also makes life much easier if you want to get the gear you need quickly.

Associate
There's been some pretty good improvements and additional content added over the last year or so, It means there's a lot more things to get your head around, but it's become very content rich compared to it's rivals.

Your character will still be there, but only in the standard league. You will need to create a new Betrayal league character to experience the new content, with it likely being added as part of the core game for standard characters after the league is finished (usually 3-4 months).

I honesty think this is the best ARPG game at the moment, there are a lot of things to learn and understand if you want to get the best from the end game content, but that only keeps you coming back once you start figuring things out. I've played this mostly single player, I sometimes group with a friend but have never had any issues progressing alone. POE trade also makes life much easier if you want to get the gear you need quickly.

New content every 3 months or so and a major release each year, yea they push content out.
I still have so much I haven't done in spite of playing for years now.
The reworked masters helps with the action part and fixed the tedious master quests.

Associate
Yeah tried all that a million times doesn't help, Looking at the tech support forums its not just me ;/

if you ping the poe servers from your location you should get an idea where the issue is.
If there is a latency issue or packetloss between your location and the servers well, then the providers need to fix the hardware lines.

I have no issue but I play from sweden.

edit new skill

Last edited:
Soldato
yep been through them all mostly, never traps or mines though. Did Arc witch as league start for delve and it was strong af!

this is the worst part of the game for me, deciding what to bloody go for!

what are you going to roll??

Associate
yep been through them all mostly, never traps or mines though. Did Arc witch as league start for delve and it was strong af!

this is the worst part of the game for me, deciding what to bloody go for!

what are you going to roll??

Atm trying to find a way to bring assassin to life and later convert to cast on crit build.

any (very) easy to follow builds for this game ?
for new players

Arc trap build is a common easy good dmg with leveling.
It also depends on your playstyle.
here is a few videos to check out for builds and guides
Check his channel for various builds with guide and find oen you like and try it out.

Soldato
Associate
Yes. This build, purely because the guide is the best there is for new players. It also teaches you about the mechanics of the game and has an additional guides section invaluable to newer players. Slightly different take on Arc to the build suggested above.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951
Best guide, i was using this the other week and got to lvl 80 but have decided to wait for this league to start before going hard on it.

Any one want to start a OCUK guild?

Associate
Atm trying to find a way to bring assassin to life and later convert to cast on crit build.

Arc trap build is a common easy good dmg with leveling.
It also depends on your playstyle.
here is a few videos to check out for builds and guides
Check his channel for various builds with guide and find oen you like and try it out.

he does great build guides, but just to point out, melee skills will be heavily changed with the new patch coming on friday. so stuff like ichimonji and nebuloch won't work any longer.
melee skills got changed that they all now will use both weapons when dual wielding. so you can't use mace and sword any longer when the skill requires a sword and axe for example. both your weapons will need to be either a sword or axe.
just for any newbies to keep an eye out on this. :)

Associate
he does great build guides, but just to point out, melee skills will be heavily changed with the new patch coming on friday. so stuff like ichimonji and nebuloch won't work any longer.
melee skills got changed that they all now will use both weapons when dual wielding. so you can't use mace and sword any longer when the skill requires a sword and axe for example. both your weapons will need to be either a sword or axe.
just for any newbies to keep an eye out on this. :)

yea, good tip.
Poe changes the game meta now and then with new leagues :)

Back
Top Bottom