• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sold used i7 as new..?

Soldato
then start buying at physical stores. the boxes are not designed with your resale value in mind. the condition of the box should you need to return the item due to a fault is irrelevant. as i said, if the damaged box is causing such an issue then take it up with the retailer. i imagine how that conversation will go.

no it doesn't, you just think it does. i've sold plenty of second hand tech items over the years and not for one second would i lower the price of the item just because the box was a bit damaged. you might be daft enough to lower or think you need to lower the price but MANY others aren't and don't.
I'm "daft enough"? Thanks. Who rattled your cage today? And why you telling me to start buying at physical store? I've never had a box arrive damaged from OCUK. So for me it's not an issue. A nice box DOES command a higher price, not only because of the box but mostly it shows that the seller has taken care of their stuff. But you would know that. Being an expert an all.

Soldato
I'm just legit going to treat you as a troll then. That is just absurd. Food comes in a throwaway box. CPU boxes are SUPPOSED TO BE KEPT should you wish to return the item. Totally different.
I, like MANY others keep my tech and sell it in the future. A nice box commands a higher price than a damaged one.

Quite simply I expect a CPU box arrive in the same condition as I can get it at a physical store. If not. I'll buy it at the physical store.

I'm starting to think you're perhaps trolling too?

I will guarantee you when you come to sell your CPU, that not one buyer will offer you a few more quid because you've kept the box in a good condition.

Soldato
I'm "daft enough"? Thanks. Who rattled your cage today? And why you telling me to start buying at physical store? I've never had a box arrive damaged from OCUK. So for me it's not an issue. A nice box DOES command a higher price, not only because of the box but mostly it shows that the seller has taken care of their stuff. But you would know that. Being an expert an all.
huh? no one rattled my cage :confused: you said you might as well start buying from physical stores if cpu boxes don't arrive in the same condition you can get them at the bricks and mortar store. there's no requirement for the box to arrive in the same condition as it comes off the shelf so by your own admission you need to start shopping at physical stores.
A nice box DOES command a higher price, not only because of the box but mostly it shows that the seller has taken care of their stuff.
don't talk rot. just because you've got a shiny box for your second hand parts, that means you've taken care of your stuff?!?! and no i'm not an expert, never said i was so stop trying to be clever. it's not working out well for you.

Soldato
I don't think you understand commerce...

I'm not saying a nice box will get more £s than a damaged one per say (although this can happen) I'm saying if you have a nice box, and the other 2 guys selling the same product have damaged boxes. Your part is much more appealing. I've sold GPUs for top dollar whereas IDENTICAL items on the bay at the same time, with no box or rubbish boxes have sold for less. That is fact. Not "rot".

God knows why you are hell bent on trampling on the consumer or why you would be so overly happy to receive damaged boxes. Doesn't add up.

Soldato
God knows why you are hell bent on trampling on the consumer or why you would be so overly happy to receive damaged boxes. Doesn't add up.
why you still trying to put words in my mouth or rather claim i've said something i haven't?? i'm not trampling on the consumer - i've already said, if you're not happy take it up with the retailer. nor have i said i'd be happy to receive damaged boxes, i'd be a tad miffed and i might send them a snarky email. but if the contents are fine ultimately the item i bought is fine and the retail packaging did it's job.
I'm saying if you have a nice box, and the other 2 guys selling the same product have damaged boxes. Your part is much more appealing. I've sold GPUs for top dollar whereas IDENTICAL items on the bay at the same time, with no box or rubbish boxes have sold for less.
quite simply, i don't believe you - well actually i do, ebay is full of moron sellers and moron buyers. if they did sell for less without the boxes the sellers are grade A dipsticks who deserve to miss out on a few quid. i'll certainly agree that a boxed item is more appealing than a non boxed or tatty boxed item. however once that 'shiny' boxed item has sold then the unboxed items appeal comes through again. anyone selling a gpu/cpu/ram etc for less that someone else purely because they don't have a shiny box needs their head examined.

Associate
OP
Alright lads calm down.

So, the seller got back to me, said it’s RMA and can send proof from supplier which I believe and said it’s quite common to be getting scratches.

Thoughts?
I’ve never had an rma before. What are your experiences? Is this acceptable scratching on an rma?
And, more importantly, am I being a bit of a dick if I still ask for a refund because I’m funny with scratches on a new £320+ cpu?

Soldato
Alright lads calm down.

So, the seller got back to me, said it’s RMA and can send proof from supplier which I believe and said it’s quite common to be getting scratches.

Thoughts?
I’ve never had an rma before. What are your experiences? Is this acceptable scratching on an rma?
And, more importantly, am I being a bit of a dick if I still ask for a refund because I’m funny with scratches on a new £320+ cpu?

So it's not new then. It's been used, returned to the manufacturer who refubished/repaired/recertified it. It's not new, and shouldn't be priced as such. It may also be the case that the warranty you thought you were getting on a new product isn't the same for a RMA replacement. It's been mis-sold to you.

I would check the warranty status here. What if it's a couple of years old and only has a little warranty left on it?

Associate
OP
So, I checked the warranty using that link and there's only 18 months left... There was no mention of RMA on seller's store so I have asked for a refund.
Hopefully they take this back with no hassle.

Soldato
I only buy stuff that is dispatched and sold by them direct, not their 3rd party retailers. They are good at giving a refund but there seems to be a lot of chancers among their retailers hoping to pull a fast one without people finding out or bothering to complain.

Soldato
The problem with the rainforest is that their return policy is "too good" Its no quibbles and they sometimes even pay for return shipping. With it been so good I expect they resell returns as new whenever they can.

A retailer may think they have the right to sell something as new if it was returned as unused, but I dont agree with that, if its previously sold and no factory seal, it should "never" be sold as new.

When I sold my second mini snes on ebay, I opened the box beforehand to check if everything is in there, all I did was open the box, but I did not sell it as new because of that as I am honest.

Associate
OP
It did have the factory sealed sticker sealing the box on it, that's the thing and why I was a little umm & er'ing.

It's still shows signs of use and just repackaged at the supplier's end after some testing I assume.

Back
Top Bottom