*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
There are some problems with how people play the game as they're used to the way things work in previous bf games.

If you're a support guy most of the time bringing a crate with you is pointless as people rarely use it, you're far better off equipping the pouches and slinging them around like crack at a crack house. Same thing applies for the medic crate, people rarely use it and it seems preferable for you to throw around medic pouches. The annoying thing it's like they don't want to go to the trouble of walking to a crate and pressing a button to use it, as it never worked that way in previous BF games, it simply had a radius around it which would automatically give out ammo\health.

I mentioned this back in the alpha as well and sure enough it's going the way i thought with very few people utilising them as the mechanic has changed from what it was previously.

Can you reload your own gun without a create ?

Associate
I think it's safe to say that raising Rank caps are a standard practice in most games that have a live service, additional content, and encourage you to stick around and play through the new experiences. Although we don't have a final word at the moment, we'll absolutely let you know what our vision is and the details behind upcoming Chapter releases.

This was took from a forums my m8 shared, looks like the ranking is something there not to fussed about, I need to look at the game at a different angle now, think I need to look at achievements gun ranks and the new content they are spreading over the year, I usually like the top rank for the motivation in games but i suppose things are changing.

Shame really I do like the game and maps, not really Seen many bad bugs for me not to play and I have done 60 hours.

Caporegime

Well that makes for an interesting video, at 6:35 he shows an image purported to be from the dice dev launch party with a display mocking the complaints levied against the game.

Soldato
There's a jacket you can unlock in the game that has the Union Jack on it and says "Slay for the Queen". I mean, King George VI was reigning at the time..... unless they mean his wife the Queen Consort (Elizabeth, The Queen Mother) lol.

Soldato
More LOLs :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a3mszv/the_current_status_of_the_stukab2_with_37mm/

and:

SeparateMediocreAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

Soldato
I do think BF4 was the peak, and we're now seeing that BF1 was the start of the decline and BFV shows more of the direction and effort from EA and DICE.

I have blamed DICE for a lot of BS in BFV, but I know EA are absolute arses and probably have DICE by the danglies, no doubt trying to squeeze as much as they can from them, as they have always done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still a few bugs I encounter after the latest patch but nowhere near as severe. Haven't had a crash in a few days now but my mate with a very similar setup to mine and a 2080 seems to get them every other play session so don't know whats going on there as he hasn't OC'ed at all.

Core game is solid, the lack of content not so much. New map isn't great. It's all well and good it being aimed at vehicles but it just seem's lazy, am thinking Caspian Border, Firestorm etc where there were a lot of vehicles but infantry had plenty of cover etc

Still enjoying it but I really think people are seeing BF4 through rose tinted glasses. The game was awful on launch (albeit with more content) bug wise and only got ironed out in the following 6 months - year. Games seem to just be this way now, RDR2 was in development for what, 7 years? and still had bugs. I have accepted that and moved on to actually trying to enjoy the game and learning the details of the gunplay.

Soldato
BF4 wasn't an awful launch for me other than the rubberbanding online. That was awful. I found it the more fun game though.

I'm not the best sniper, probably 1 in every 10 shots is a kill if I am being generous. As it stands, the Recon class is useless for me as I can only use a sniper. I hate that.

Soldato
Bf3/4 were fine for me at launch but I think people are forgetting how many there were complaining about bugs, performance issues etc.
I like the game but I'm at the same position I was with BF1 after a month. I enjoy the game but there is not enough content.

Associate
For me the launch for BF4 was terrible but I thought "when they sort the bugs out this game will be great". With BF1 I just though "this game isn't very good". Totally put me off getting BFV as it sounds a lot like BF1.

Soldato
Yay, CTD is back since update.

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.22923, time stamp: 0x5c05ac27
Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.68.22923, time stamp: 0x5c05ac27
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000009371a61
Faulting process id: 0x94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d48d95d6c897a7
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Report Id: 41ae3f29-c273-44c4-9e54-4af32e06d905
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Back
Top Bottom