**** The Official OnePlus 6T Thread ****

Soldato
10GB ram all but confirmed for the OP6T McLaren edition, their latest teaser is:

What's next?
3 4 6 8 _

OP1 had 3GB, OP2 had 4GB, OP3 and 6GB and the 5 onwards had 8GB maximum, so...

Also they will be making a 5G version of the OP7 alongside a 4G version, the 5G model will be $2-300 more than the 4G model.

Soldato
The head of OnePlus said yesterday the 5G variant due in 2019 will cost at least $200 more than the current base 6T. That's taking the phone into 'silly money' territory. I think I can wait until 5G is the de facto network, at which point prices will have fallen.

Given most of my phone's usage is via WiFi, 5G isn't really on my radar.

Soldato
The head of OnePlus said yesterday the 5G variant due in 2019 will cost at least $200 more than the current base 6T. That's taking the phone into 'silly money' territory. I think I can wait until 5G is the de facto network, at which point prices will have fallen.

Given most of my phone's usage is via WiFi, 5G isn't really on my radar.

Same here not really fussed about 5G, can wait till mid 2020.

Permabanned
Mines waiting for me at home now, shame I'm going out tonight... almost worth cancelling for xD

Of all the phones I've had, I've missed having a OP the most. The 3t was the only perfect phone I've ever owned. Don't know why I ever left :/

Soldato
Have any of the special editions of the OP phones been available on contract? I've always been a sim free phone and 1 month sim only contract person but a lot of the contracts now are better value and the total cost is barely above what you'd pay buying sim free...

Roll on the 11th :D

Soldato
The karbon case is only available for pre-order on amazon. Does anyone have an idea when it will land?
I pre ordered the red silicone and Sandstone cases at Amazon when the phone was released. I'm still waiting on them to show in stock. I gave up and ordered them from AliExpress 2 weeks ago. No sign of them yet but probably still a little early for post from China.

Soldato
OP
Confirmed OP6T McLaren event device to have 10GB/256GB.

OnePlus says the device will be available in Western Europe and North America from December 13, with availability in India, China and the Nordics soon after

The OnePlus 6T McLaren edition is available for £649 GBP, €699 Euros, $699 USD.

Soldato
Gotta say I'm very tempted by the McLaren edition especially if you get the full box contents as per the unboxing videos, you get the karbon bumper case worth £28 so the actual increase in price over the standard 8gb/256gb version is £42...

Now, what are the chances of finding it on contract? Slim to bugger all you say?

Soldato
OP
I feel that with the inclusion of Warp Charge and the extras that are included in the retail box warrants a move to the OP6T.

IMO 10GB Ram is overkill but it's better to have it and not use it then to not have it and need it.

The way OP have implemented the orange colour on the back is classy and understated.

Good job OP.

Soldato
Have to say I love the carbon and orange highlights on it, It's almost like it's exactly my taste... (see bike in signature, black, gold & red) :D

As the chances of getting one on contract are almost I'll see if there's any left over christmas, the best contact deal I can see for the standard 8GB/256GB version is £778 total, plus the extra £70 equals the phone cost and 25x £8 which is what I'm paying on simfree, so...

Soldato
So my AliExpress cases arrived today. They look really nice. By all accounts I think these are the real deal however if for any reason they're not they do look the part!

6vdiDvD.jpg

5ep9Q0g.jpg

nqKF0cE.jpg

iwWl0is.jpg
5ep9Q0g

6vdiDvD

nqKF0cE

iwWl0is

Soldato
They'll also be announcing a 5G phone in early 2019 but rumour is it'll be 100-200 more
I just posted my thoughts on this over on the Note 9 thread:
There is a road map of EE's 5g rollout for 2019. 6 cities are getting it in June and several more major cities by end of year. So even on EE I wouldn't expect wide scale rollout until well into 2020. I haven't seen any definitive plan for O2 or Vodafone.
I just changed to the 6T and the thought of 5g was simmering in the back of my mind but when you think about it rationally there is no need to take 5g into consideration for your next upgrade if that upgrade will be in the next 6 months, IMO.
Plus there's the extra cost for both the tariffs and the handsets. I haven't once been using my phone and wished the 4g was quicker, it's plenty fast as it is.

Back
Top Bottom