*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
They must be doing some a/b testing, because while I own BF2, BC2, BF3, BF4, and BF1 on Origin I'm not getting any offer for BF5.

I didn't get a message but scrolled down a bit and it has both versions at 50% off when I was on last night.

To be honest so far it is not as good as BF1. I prefer that or insurgency : sandstorm for a harder shooter.

Soldato
Guys I installed the update yesterday, came home tonight and tried to launch the game for the first time since update, nothing happens, I click play and the game doesn't load?

Can anyone offer any help or guidance to make it work again?

Thanks in advance.

Caporegime
Guys I installed the update yesterday, came home tonight and tried to launch the game for the first time since update, nothing happens, I click play and the game doesn't load?

Can anyone offer any help or guidance to make it work again?

Thanks in advance.

Tried doing a repair on the game? Right click the icon and it gives you the option.

Caporegime
DX 12 worth using now?

Is that **** crutch mechanic still in game at the end of the round thing?
The bonus to the losing team has been toned down apparently so if a team is losing badly they won't get such a big boost and if the game is close I believe it won't kick in at all. Not tried it yet though.

Caporegime
perfect news

Not really as it is a game mechanic that is now completely broken. A Stuka should be able to shred infantry and tanks with its 37mm cannons. Now they just tickle the opposition. It was never OP because Spitfires would chew you up in seconds if you didn't have support! People cryed about the bomber too but that got chewed up by spittys with 8x machine guns. Aerial combat is just rubbish now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
People cryed about the bomber too but that got chewed up by spittys with 8x machine guns. Aerial combat is just rubbish now.

All well and good if you have fighters trying to take them down, when people twigged onto how much of an easy mode farce bombers were you had bombers from opposing sides in the air ignoring each other and decimating anything on the ground. Plus the rear bomber mg used to shred fighters in short order, as well as the bombers being able to absorb stupid amounts of aa fire. They were also glitched as mobile aa with 3-4 mg's did no damage to them.

Soldato
Seriously, is this game worth purchasing? As i didn't get a great chance of playing it as i was busy with things in real life, and i'm seeing rather mixed comments regarding BF5.

Soldato
I think it's amazing, I've played all Battlefield games since the beggining. I loved Battlefield 1 but I prefer Battlefield 5 over BF1 and BF4. This is the best battlefield ever made imo.

I love the fluid gameplay, the stunning graphics, and the awesome shooting mechanics of the WW2 weapons.

Domination and conquest modes are both awesome

Caporegime
Really *** off with the game last night, not usually that bad!

1) Killed around corners ( Shot at, so I dive behind a corner for cover, I die behind the corner )
2) One hit kill bug ( Headshot issue )
3) Infinite loading issue ( Supposed to load the next map, but it reloads the old map, two loading symbols and stuck )
4) Stuck on objects ( Snow etc )
5) Hits not registering

Worse since patch

Back
Top Bottom