LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Associate
got the 950G today, it was woking fine for 2 hours, then the screen turned black and the back lights start cercling in rainbow color then turn RED so on a loop, and the screen does not turn on, anyone had similar issues? should I contact Overclock or LG support?

Associate
Mostly happy with my F but seeing some black light flicker or dimming. It's very quick but happens every few seconds when a back light appears to dim for a fraction of a second so it almost looks like flicker. Will see how it pans out over the next few days. Shame since everything else is pretty spot on with no dead, bright or lazy pixels so far.

I "downgraded" from 4k Cinema (4096x2160) so the extra graininess from larger pixels took some getting use to but I needed Windows at 100% instead of 150% scaling due to crappy Citrix implementations at client sites.

Associate
So here are few of my pics from various games https://imgur.com/a/QYhgBIz

all in all im happy with this monitor. its definitely a keeper to me. no blb, but it has a fair amount of ips glow. it is only visible in dark games/dark loading screens (as you can tell from my imgur album). It's invisible in 90% of scenarios in games, and tbh unnoticable when im not looking for it. My images are extremely over saturated and over exposed, they do not in anyway reflect how it looks like irl

Associate
A Question for other owners, as mine was the bottom of a page and has probably been overlooked now.

Did anyone need to peel off a protective thin plastic covering on the screen ?

Between the edge of the screen itself, and the bezel, it looks like there is a thin film there, and I can sort of lift it a little, but I don't want to damage anything, and nothing was mentioned in the manuals ?

I last bought a monitor 15 years ago, and they all had plastic films then...

Thank you !

Associate
Can't say I noticed any covering on mine? I pealed away the energy compliance sticker and that was it aside from some covering on the bezel and lg logo on the back.

Why don't we ask @Daniel - LG ?

Associate
A Question for other owners, as mine was the bottom of a page and has probably been overlooked now.

Did anyone need to peel off a protective thin plastic covering on the screen ?

Between the edge of the screen itself, and the bezel, it looks like there is a thin film there, and I can sort of lift it a little, but I don't want to damage anything, and nothing was mentioned in the manuals ?

I last bought a monitor 15 years ago, and they all had plastic films then...

Thank you !

The 2 X34P i had, did have the same "marking" in the upper left corner, but it is only the coating and should not be removed as far as i am aware.

With marking i mean a silverish arrow on the upper left corner inner bezel

Last edited:
Associate
Glad most people are happy with their monitors. I have to admit I gave up waiting and cancelled my order for the X34p. Just goes to show what a panel lottery it all is. I can’t fault my X34p. No dead pixels, blb virtually non existent and saved myself around £500 vs the LG. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure the nano IPS looks spectacular but for me personally I just couldn’t justify the extra £ for the modest improvements on offer. I’m also aware I’m probably one of the more lucky X34p owners as some reports of blb have been terrible.

Anyway, enjoy and happy gaming!! For those of u who bagged a good one the LG looks gorgeous.

Associate
Just received the monitor today. I have to say I absoultely love it. I see no blb and barely any glow. The monitor overclocks with no issue. Coming from a 24 inches dell screen that is such a massive upgrade. I have never had an ultrawide before so perhaps I am not the best person to objectively assess the monitor vs its competitors and I am not as techy as most of the people here but all I can say is that this monitor is everything I expected. Just thought I would share it because people mostly post here after their bad experience coming from a few deficient panels adn the people with good panels just stop coming here so prospective purchasers need to know this seems to be the best monitor to this day and in this category (UW 1440p 120Hz Gsync).

I have one question, as I never had gsync before: is it a bad thing to leave the monitor overclocked or should you turn it off after each game session?

Thanks

Associate
The original Acer X34 had a 60Hz panel overclocked to 100Hz while the GSync module was running at its normal 100Hz clock. So it seems the panel can take it but the X34P with an overclocked GSync module is still quite new (barely a year old) so hard to tell?

Associate
The original Acer X34 had a 60Hz panel overclocked to 100Hz while the GSync module was running at its normal 100Hz clock. So it seems the panel can take it but the X34P with an overclocked GSync module is still quite new (barely a year old) so hard to tell?

good point, we're talking about overclocking the module here, not the panel, is there other example in the non-ultrawide panels that use overclocking of the module? I read this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3123327/sync-issues-1440p-144hz.html
which I am not sure is relevant in that case, did they upgrade the modules since then?

Back
Top Bottom