Oculus Rift

Soldato
Cheers UP and melmac.

problem is I am going to be seated at an angle that could potentially be missing the second high sensor.

Sensor___Monitor___ __High Sensor
........ Me Seated

....... Me in Roborecall :)

Third Senor

The third sensor would actually be behind me, and as I mentioned I would probably use at shoulder height.

If the second sensor is high up, do you think the third sensor would still detect my motions in seated poisition?

Soldato
I think you might be over thinking it, but it's hard to say without knowing what actual measurements we're dealing with.

The link Slam posted earlier should help you. There's also a free app called sensor bounds on the the oculus store that shows you what they can see.

Soldato
Cheers UP and melmac.

problem is I am going to be seated at an angle that could potentially be missing the second high sensor.

Sensor___Monitor___ __High Sensor
........ Me Seated

....... Me in Roborecall :)

Third Senor

The third sensor would actually be behind me, and as I mentioned I would probably use at shoulder height.

If the second sensor is high up, do you think the third sensor would still detect my motions in seated poisition?

I would put all three sensors up high if possible. AS long as one sensor can see you from the front you will be fine for seated games at your monitor. To give you an example, when I sit at my desk the front two sensors are in line with my head, yet I have no problem with seated games. I am actually seated outside of the Guardian boundary.

Soldato
I think you're right gents. Perhaps I am over thinking it.
Ill give the different scenarios a whirl tomorrow when I receive everything.

You gents have been outstanding in helping me, much appreciation to you both (and others along the way!).

Soldato
Is anyone playing Fallout 4 VR? Have a question for you guys that do.

I have found a cap stash but can't do anything with it? It's a tin can that I found in a building. I can pick it up, but can't open it and nothing gets added to my cap amount. What do I do with them?

Soldato
Your welcome, good luck with it and don't forget to join the OCUK VR steam chat group.
Where would I find this steam chat group exactly? Honestly speaking Ive never used this I think!

Also mel - I wanted to ask about Fallout VR4! On Steam it says its only compatible with Vive, but I assume I could still play it with the Rift?

Soldato
Where would I find this steam chat group exactly? Honestly speaking Ive never used this I think!

Also mel - I wanted to ask about Fallout VR4! On Steam it says its only compatible with Vive, but I assume I could still play it with the Rift?

If you are on steam you can join the group. Here is the thread with a link to join in the opening post.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-steam-vr-group-chat.18835374/

And fallout 4 works fine on the Rift. When you get the game, if you get the game, in the properties go to the beta section and opt in to the fallout 1.2 beta. Will explain better if you decide to get the game.

Soldato
There's something up on your end perhaps.
I get this if I click on it:

sgsgrg.png

Add Petey Spangles on steam and I'll invite you to it if searching doesn't work.

ED: You probably can't search for it because it's just a group chat, not a proper discussion board.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's something up on your end perhaps.
I get this if I click on it:

sgsgrg.png

Add Petey Spangles on steam and I'll invite you to it if searching doesn't work.

ED: You probably can't search for it because it's just a group chat, not a proper discussion board.
I see so in that case do I just create a groupchat or does some need to invite me to it?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Right so I do realise you guys told me all this before but I'm now looking at getting the prescription lenes and vr covers for my rift and just wanted to make sure im getting the right stuff.

So is there a shop that sells both or should I buy the replacement foams from vr covers and the lenses from else where?

I was thinking of his set of covers
https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set-2/

Is that one ok? Will it be compatible with the lences?

Back
Top Bottom