Bluetooth headsphones from PC?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I got a set of Sony Wireless headphones for my Birthday (MDR-XB650BT).

They connect via bluetooth which is great for my phone, but it is possible from my PC?

My PC doesnt have bluetooth, is there some dongle or some such thing I can get for my PC?

My PC just has the onboard sound (MSI motherboard) and I normally just use the audio output (headphone jack etc) in the PC.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I had a Bluetooth headset some years ago and getting it to work and pair was a complete pain in the butt. I hope Microsoft have made it easier with Windows 10. Often the problem was Windows kept on installing it's own terrible drivers, which in my experience, never worked.

For what a Bluetooth dongle costs, it's worth trying, even if it's still a complete pain in the butt to configure.

Soldato
Also be aware that the (at least this was true the last time I went through this rigmarole) that the connection distance is also down to your headset and not the radius offered by your PC or dongle.

With mine, If I went any further than about 2m from my PC the connection dropped. Not something you necessarily notice when connected to a phone.

Soldato
Bought one recently from big PC retailer and it was plug & play in W10. ASUS USB BT400

Good to hear they have finally simplified the process of connecting an audio Bluetooth device.

Microsoft need a new slogan; it might take us many years, but we'll get there.... eventually. :p

Back
Top Bottom