• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Man of Honour

This is the first time I have watched a video of Battlefield V being played.

My comments below have nothing to do with Ray Tracing only the actual game.

The graphics are terrible for the subject matter and absolutely nothing looks realistic or authentic.

A good example is the way the Tiger 1 tank looks and moves it is really bad and the same goes for just about everything else.

sHPO8PF.jpg

In real life these things are not bright shinny and pretty.

If Game Devs are going to produce games like this and use tech like RTX for realism the least they can do is get the graphics and movement correct.

Battlefield V visually is total sugar coated garbage.

Soldato

The graphics are terrible for the subject matter and absolutely nothing looks realistic or authentic.

A good example is the way the Tiger 1 tank looks and moves it is really bad and the same goes for just about everything else.

sHPO8PF.jpg

If Game Devs are going to produce games like this and use tech like RTX for realism the least they can do is get the graphics and movement correct.

I agree the tanks look way too modern for the period.

Soldato
They did say it’s their take on WWII and not meant to be a 100% reproduction of that time period.

The game is fun, but I can’t shake the feeling that they just copy and paste between battlefront and the BF series.

They really need to switch to a more Modern setting.

Soldato

sHPO8PF.jpg

What? A black and white picture?

In real life Tiger 1 can be shinny and pretty today.

You can see real light reflections on Tiger 1 tank when moved.

In Battlefield V without DXR ray tracing, Tiger 1 tank never shinny, with DXR ray tracing Tiger 1 tank shinny like in real life.

Soldato

In Battlefield V without DXR ray tracing, Tiger 1 tank never shinny, with DXR ray tracing Tiger 1 tank shinny like in real life.

That tank ain't shiny and you can see the amount of dust it's kicking up. No tank in a real war zone will be shiny unless they keep cleaning it every 30 minutes. So no in real life i doubt you will be seeing to many shiny tanks.

Caporegime
That tank ain't shiny and you can see the amount of dust it's kicking up. No tank in a real war zone will be shiny unless they keep cleaning it every 30 minutes. So no in real life i doubt you will be seeing to many shiny tanks.

Are people even playing the game? The tanks get dust dirt and mud on them as you play in a lot of maps, they may start off looking clean but they generally don't stay that way for long.

Man of Honour
They did say it’s their take on WWII and not meant to be a 100% reproduction of that time period.

The game is fun, but I can’t shake the feeling that they just copy and paste between battlefront and the BF series.

They really need to switch to a more Modern setting.

Thing is on the other hand they've also banged on about untold stories and authenticity when it suits them but then switch to a different take on it, etc. when that suits them as well.

As it is a main game in the franchise they'd be better served sticking with an aesthetic that fits WW2 and/or not pushing it as a WW2 game in the same way if they want to do something a bit more alternative.

Caporegime

sHPO8PF.jpg

Seriously? So you want the tanks to move how they did in real life? Have you played the game? Try the churchill or Churchill gun carrier, it's like driving an obese beached whale and it has the maneuverability to match, but it's still probably a bit better than what it was like IRL. If they made them any closer to real life it would be a waste of time getting in them as they would be panzerfaust\bomber cannon fodder. Battlefield is not and has not ever been based in "realistic" terms, it may well use real life events but they're not portrayed as a simulator type experience. So i'm not entirely sure why this is only an issue now when it's never been any different.

Last edited:
Soldato
No idea what the point of that video is, as it was done on two completely different systems, different core counts and clock speeds, completely pointless comparison.

Yea the Vega is most likely being gimped with that 4 core cpu and his 2080ti is clocked within an inch of it's life.

Caporegime
XxOCG4d.jpg

There's the churchill after being ingame for a few mins, note how it doesn't look like part of a leg and has mud and dirt splattered on it.

Associate
Not really a comment on BFV's performance but more an observation; I don't like how the terrain textures are somewhat blurry and undefined (only had experience with the trial).

EDIT: That's in the campaign btw, wouldn't care about it in the multiplayer!

Man of Honour
Seriously? So you want the tanks to move how they did in real life? Have you played the game? Try the churchill or Churchill gun carrier, it's like driving an obese beached whale and it has the maneuverability to match, but it's still probably a bit better than what it was like IRL. If they made them any closer to real life it would be a waste of time getting in them as they would be panzerfaust\bomber cannon fodder. Battlefield is not and has not ever been based in "realistic" terms, it may well use real life events but they're not portrayed as a simulator type experience. So i'm not entirely sure why this is only an issue now when it's never been any different.

If they are not going for realism what is the point of using RTX and gimping the fps.

Man of Honour

If I had to use a tank in combat the last thing I would want is for it to be bright and shinny.

Life expectancy is short enough already in a big armour battle without giving your position away.

Caporegime
If they are not going for realism what is the point of using RTX and gimping the fps.

In gaming terms the game is not realistic and historically battlefield games never have been. They use real world events but that's about as far as it goes, they generally put their own spin on them as far as gameplay and authenticity is concerned. As for rtx its pretty obvious why that was used. Nvidia needed a showpiece for their new gpu feature and as battlefield V was already an nvidia sponsored title they went with that to be the first rtx enabled game. It was also originally slated to be out a month after the new gpu launched so people wouldn't have to wait long to see what rtx was like in the flesh. That didn't go to plan but they eventually got there.

Man of Honour
If I had to use a tank in combat the last thing I would want is for it to be bright and shinny.

Life expectancy is short enough already in a big armour battle without giving your position away.

True - in real tank combat of that era a lot of the time engagements were won/lost based on who shot first more so than many other factors.

Back
Top Bottom