Ghost S1 Kickstarter launching 29/11/17

Associate
Got my tracking number also! But going by the weight of the package it's only the Small Top Hat which I ordered. Hopefully the Case isn't far behind.

Sounds like they are having a nightmare getting these cases shipped out.

Associate
When did you place your order?, i've amended mine to include another large tophat.

Last December, though looks like it was the tophat going by the weight. They are shipping more orders this weekend so hopefully will get another tracking number early next week.

Associate
I’ve placed an order for the next batch which is supposedly going out in January but given the problems they had with the first I’m expecting delay.

Look forward to some Build pics when you get yours.

Associate
Wow, that's a seriously cool little case! Be interesting to see if it could somehow accommodate a 240mm plus gpu hybrid.

Edit: 300mm height with top and btm hats. I like this a lot!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not surprised really, just a waiting game for cases for anyone who ordered one. I've still got it high on my wishlist for my next rig but right now I can't afford a rebuild, especially when I've got a few niggling concerns about the case! I need to get confirmation on how thick a graphics card you can fit in without it touching the side of the case, I've got an oversized card right now and can't justify a £200+ spend on a case if it might mean I need to replace the 1070. Definitely interesting to see benchmark results of temperatures of non-blower style fans in a build without any tophats too, since I don't really like how they look.

Associate
OP
I've had my case for a few days now and I'm very pleased overall. It does get kind of toasty using the NH-L12 and it's included 92mm fan with a 2600x around low 70's gaming, but I can live with that as I don't really want to use the included Tophat.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've had my case for a few days now and I'm very pleased overall. It does get kind of toasty using the NH-L12 and it's included 92mm fan with a 2600x around low 70's gaming, but I can live with that as I don't really want to use the included Tophat.

Pics of the build :)

Any there any other coolers you can use or is the NH-L12 the best?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm considering ordering one for a new build in Feb next year. I think I would go with the large top hat to run a 240 AIO.

Some images and thoughts from OcUK owners would be great.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Can't decide on a colour though. Black looks like it may mark easier. The Optimum Tech review I noticed the black was chipped on the bottom left corner.

Associate
Here are some pics

Bit difficult to work with but no more than other SFF cases. I have two SSDs installed in the medium top hat (at the bottom) and one 120mm fan. Screws for the top hat were not long enough for one side so have ordered some M3 x 8mm screws off eBay after seeing another post on the SFF net forums. You can also see some marks on the inside of the panels (caused by me). Not sure how long the finish will last.

GPU is a 980ti with an ACX 2.0+ cooler modded with slim Noctua fans
CPU cooler is the NH-L12 with bottom fan only

(I am aware of the ugly SATA power cable but it's the only thing I have that's flexible enough for the drives! Not visible outside the case :)) Will likely take it apart again at some point to see if I can tidy the cables better and possibly improve the cooling.

Current idle temps with my i5-8400 and 980 ti: CPU 26c and GPU 19c
Not tested load temps

EW7VbAp.jpg

ajF9j7S.jpg

N2j6Vmj.jpg

DbcRqey.jpg

JtlD4MO.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovely looking case. They have the cad files available on their website for free. Might be useful for people who have access to a 3d printer?

Associate
Looks nice, that slim top hat on the bottom looks a lot better than they do on the top too! Would be very interested in load temps/noise with that setup if you get the chance.

I moved it to the top to add 2x Noctua S12A case fans as exhaust. Have a SSD at the bottom and another behind the PSU which I attached with velcro.

GPU hit 65c max when running the Unigine Heaven Benchmark and CPU hit 65c running P95. Noise was OK as using Noctua fans for both the GPU and CPU which aren't that loud.

Though in actual use they would most likely be lower as I lock frames to 60 and the CPU fan was set to quiet mode in the BIOS.

Back
Top Bottom