Spec me an LED Torch

Caporegime
Have you got an 18650 battery and charger included? Or is it an AA battery one?

For a fiver you may get all the needed bits, I guess the prices must have dropped since I last looked :D

It's a 18650 one, just torch only. I've already got some decent 18650 cells and a Nitecore charger. Those cheap Chinese cells and chargers are far too risky for me.

Transmission breaker
Don
It's a 18650 one, just torch only. I've already got some decent 18650 cells and a Nitecore charger. Those cheap Chinese cells and chargers are far too risky for me.

No worries, was just checking as some people have no experience of these things and wanted to make sure you didn't get stung :)

I get all my 18650 from recycled laptop packs. Much cheaper than buying and you only get main manufacturer cells.

Soldato
Without reading through 247 pages can anyone recommend a decent sub £30 light. Ideally something little which will fit in the pocket. Any makes to watch out for? Something super bright would be good.
Fenix, Nitecore, and Jetbeam all make stuff in that budget and it's usually decent.

I've got and rate Fenix and Jetbeam. Friends rate Nitecore.

Associate
Would someone please assist me in finding a torch, batteries and charger for under £50. Size or battery life are not a huge concern. From what i’ve read rechargeable batteries will provide a better light. Saying that I would rather invest in a solid charger and batteries rather than these risky ones you see for pennies. Kind regards

Associate
https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4s-26650-high-power-led-flashlight-p-932.html

You can get the d4s with the xp-g2 led, a charger and battery included for under 75 us dollars.
It's an awesome platform, lots of settings, crazy bright and small too.

I love mine.

you’ve read my mind, just about to buy one. did you purchase the batteries and charger as add ons from the website too? just a tad worried about it setting on fire or something! which light did you choose? any problems with import tax? regards

Transmission breaker
Don
you’ve read my mind, just about to buy one. did you purchase the batteries and charger as add ons from the website too? just a tad worried about it setting on fire or something! which light did you choose? any problems with import tax? regards

I bought a third party cell, and used my existing Nitecore i2. The Nitecore i4 I have will not fit the 26650 cells unfortunately.

The cell I use is a TrustFire IMR 26650 4200 mAh(3.7 V High Drain Rechargeable Battery [45 A])

Its the only 26650 I have, everything else I have uses 18650 cells :)

If you are worried, you can grab the i2 charger for under £14 with next day delivery online. Its a great charger for the home, will do everything from aaa up to 26650 cells.

All the batteries in my house are nimh or lithium cells, and the i4 and i2 chargers are in use most days to charge one thing or another. They are fast, very reliable, and from a proper manufacturer.

Soldato
Not exactly torch related, but can somebody recommend me some decent, inexpensive 18650 batteries with button tops and preferably protected?

Soldato
His link is really good there because thats a quality battery that will last years but this is a cheapy cheap battery with similar cheap torch at a throw away price: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ul...ght-430-using-code-dresslily-3100703#comments This time of year when it gets dark early I reckon its good to have a torch to just hand to people, kids even who might be walking on the road without anything reflective

Back
Top Bottom