Got given an Olympus SLR and two lenses

Man of Honour
My dad has been doing a bit of sorting out. He's given me his old Olympus OM20 which came with a 35mm (guess this is the kit lens?) and a 200mm Sirius zoom telephoto by the looks. There is also a flash gun. Now I've not much experience when it comes to film cameras and he has said I'm more than welcome to sell it so that I can put it towards my Nikon fund, which I may just do. It literally hasn't been touched in over 20 years, and it was a slightly odd feeling unpacking it from its case. It all seems to be spotless, and even comes with it's manual.

Apart from Ebay, is there anywhere you recommend where I can find how much this lot is worth? I'm in two minds to be honest, but I definitely wont be using it and it seems a shame just to keep it boxed up.

Soldato
The kit lens, if there was one, would have been a 50mm f1.8 as was ubiquitous then. I don't remember the OM20 as being that well regarded so it's not likely to add much to your Nikon fund. The Sirius 200mm probably has negative value i.e. you'll have to pay someone to take it away. ;)
You might find this article useful.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the reply! I was following a similar kit on the auction site that sold for £62 + postage. He had three lenses but his camera was extremely well used. But it might not be worth trying to sell on. Maybe I'll open it up in another 20 years :D

Back
Top Bottom