• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Soldato
This is the first time I have watched a video of Battlefield V being played.

My comments below have nothing to do with Ray Tracing only the actual game.

The graphics are terrible for the subject matter and absolutely nothing looks realistic or authentic.

A good example is the way the Tiger 1 tank looks and moves it is really bad and the same goes for just about everything else.

sHPO8PF.jpg

In real life these things are not bright shinny and pretty.

If Game Devs are going to produce games like this and use tech like RTX for realism the least they can do is get the graphics and movement correct.

Battlefield V visually is total sugar coated garbage.

i'd agree tank movement at a distance is horrific and seriously needs fixing. More like a dalek at extreme distances. Quite a lot of animations of bf4/1/v have been pretty dodgy.

In terms of accuracy i think it is pretty accurate and tanks brand new would have been pretty pristine and shiny especially when wet.

If it was 100% accurate then every hit regardless of gun would pretty much be a kill rather than taking 2-3 hits with a sniper rifle as it does now.

Man of Honour
In gaming terms the game is not realistic and historically battlefield games never have been. They use real world events but that's about as far as it goes, they generally put their own spin on them as far as gameplay and authenticity is concerned. As for rtx its pretty obvious why that was used. Nvidia needed a showpiece for their new gpu feature and as battlefield V was already an nvidia sponsored title they went with that to be the first rtx enabled game. It was also originally slated to be out a month after the new gpu launched so people wouldn't have to wait long to see what rtx was like in the flesh. That didn't go to plan but they eventually got there.

So you are telling me they are trying to demonstrate realism using RTX in a non realistic game environment.

Caporegime
So you are telling me they are trying to demonstrate realism using RTX in a non realistic game environment.

They are demonstrating realistic reflections in a game that is more arcade gameplay orientated. Battlefield gameplay has never been close to realistic, its always been arcade styled using their interpretation of real world events. Realistic graphics does not have to = realistic gameplay.

Man of Honour
i'd agree tank movement at a distance is horrific and seriously needs fixing. More like a dalek at extreme distances. Quite a lot of animations of bf4/1/v have been pretty dodgy.

In terms of accuracy i think it is pretty accurate and tanks brand new would have been pretty pristine and shiny especially when wet.

If it was 100% accurate then every hit regardless of gun would pretty much be a kill rather than taking 2-3 hits with a sniper rifle as it does now.

Tanks in theatre tend to look very beat up and also customised in a very short time, for example driving through a house does tend to scratch the paint a bit.:D

Nobody in their right mind would deploy a shiny tank as it goes against the rules of camouflage, dirty dull and drab is good for life expectancy even in a brand new tank.:)

WTcHWIE.jpg

Man of Honour
They are demonstrating realistic reflections in a game that is more arcade gameplay orientated. Battlefield gameplay has never been close to realistic, its always been arcade styled using their interpretation of real world events. Realistic graphics does not have to = realistic gameplay.

Realistic graphics should = realistic real situations and objects.

Battlefields are not bright and shinny.

Caporegime
Realistic graphics should = realistic real situations and objects.

Well they don't, you just have to look at practically any recent battlefield game to see this. Tanks start off clean and as the battle goes on they get dirty and damaged as shown on my pic on the last page.

Battlefields are not bright and shinny.

So as soon as war is declared suddenly the Sun vanishes and everything turns grey until the war is over? Doubtful. Rotterdam and Devastation show this pretty well in the game, a before and after with different weather effects going on which gives the map different looks. Yet people seem to zero in on the Rotterdam map when the Sun is out..as apparently the Sun was MIA during WW2 and only reappeared the second after Hitler shot himself.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well they don't, you just have to look at practically any recent battlefield game to see this. Tanks start off clean and as the battle goes on they get dirty and damaged as shown on my pic on the last page.

So as soon as war is declared suddenly the Sun vanishes and everything turns grey until the war is over? Doubtful. Rotterdam and Devastation show this pretty well in the game, a before and after with different weather effects going on which gives the map different looks. Yet people seem to zero in on the Rotterdam map when the Sun is out..as apparently the Sun was MIA during WW2 and only reappeared the second after Hitler shot himself.

No military hardware equipment or troops belong on a battlefield if they look bright shinny and clean even from the first minute of conflict.

Caporegime
No military hardware equipment or troops belong on a battlefield if they look bright shinny and clean even from the first minute of conflict.

Well tell that to nvidia and dice implementing rtx. If you play the game though there's no real shiny vehicles at all, the metal has more of a dull look to it.

mW8EW8u.jpg

Example of the tiger with zimmerit paste applied. Whether or not this changes with rtx i've no idea. And yes this was an actual colour that Tigers were painted with.

Man of Honour
Well tell that to nvidia and dice implementing rtx. If you play the game though there's no real shiny vehicles at all, the metal has more of a dull look to it.

mW8EW8u.jpg

Example of the tiger with zimmerit paste applied. Whether or not this changes with rtx i've no idea. And yes this was an actual colour that Tigers were painted with.

You are right about the colour, it is for North Africa where the one in the Bovington tank museum was captured lol.

Caporegime
You are right about the colour, it is for North Africa where the one in the Bovington tank museum was captured lol.

And? There are other unlockable skins in the game to make it more in line with the european theatre. And there are a couple of desert based maps in the game where the default skin fits in. Not entirely sure why you bothered to embolden "north africa" as its obvious thats what that colour is for. :confused:

Man of Honour
And? There are other unlockable skins in the game to make it more in line with the european theatre. And there are a couple of desert based maps in the game where the default skin fits in. Not entirely sure why you bothered to embolden "north africa" as its obvious thats what that colour is for. :confused:

You are the one showing the Tiger 1 with a North African colour scheme in a built up European setting.

A bit of interesting information, when the allies captured the Tiger 1 in North Africa the people who did it had the most narrow escape.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...ptured-intact-in-the-tunisian-desert-in-1943/

Caporegime
You are the one showing the Tiger 1 with a North African colour scheme in a built up European setting.

A bit of interesting information, when the allies captured the Tiger 1 in North Africa the people who did it had the most narrow escape.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...ptured-intact-in-the-tunisian-desert-in-1943/

As i said, its the default skin, there are others you can unlock. Regardless of what skin was default it would look wrong in a few of the maps.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 8700K@5GHz, 16GB@3200 and a Duke 2080Ti, and for the love of god I can't play this game as smooth as I would like. With RTX on (ultra) it stutters like crazy usually at the start of the round, maybe two-three times one to two seconds freezing each. Without RTX stutters are much less severe in frequency and duration. In both cases it seems like after these freezes (loading something?) the game plays just fine, but sometimes one of this suckers hit me while flying or in a close encounter and it gets on my nerves.

Not running Afterburner while playing seems to help quite a bit, but it still have little freezes at the start of each round. CPU use of all cores move around 65-80%, so it doesn't seem like CPU bound.

Soldato
I have a 8700K@5GHz, 16GB@3200 and a Duke 2080Ti, and for the love of god I can't play this game as smooth as I would like. With RTX on (ultra) it stutters like crazy usually at the start of the round, maybe two-three times one to two seconds freezing each. Without RTX stutters are much less severe in frequency and duration. In both cases it seems like after these freezes (loading something?) the game plays just fine, but sometimes one of this suckers hit me while flying or in a close encounter and it gets on my nerves.

Not running Afterburner while playing seems to help quite a bit, but it still have little freezes at the start of each round. CPU use of all cores move around 65-80%, so it doesn't seem like CPU bound.

If you look when the map is loading you will see it absolutely rinses your CPU so could be related to that. Temps go sky high on the load screen for example.

Permabanned
I have had no issues so far with it, no freezes or stuttering. 1440p, ultra, g sync, gtx 1080, 2700X. Not checked FPS, doubt its particularly high, however gsync ftw, smooth as anything.

Sounds like there is a PC issue above. Do you have issues on any other games?

Associate
I have had no issues so far with it, no freezes or stuttering. 1440p, ultra, g sync, gtx 1080, 2700X. Not checked FPS, doubt its particularly high, however gsync ftw, smooth as anything.

Sounds like there is a PC issue above. Do you have issues on any other games?

Not really, just BV. Could you be kind to explain how you make Gsync work in BV? I just want to be sure I have it well configured.

Associate
Just need to make sure its turned on in nvidia control panel, will just work. Doesn't sound like that would be the issue though if its freezing.

Is it running on an SSD drive? Is your RAM stable?

Yeah, running on an EVO 850 500GB. RAM and CPU have passed a couple of hours of Realbench without error.

I think it must be something related to RAM or SSD tho, because freezes just happen at the start and the game runs butter smoth until the end of the round.

Back
Top Bottom