Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Any suggestions for a handlebar mountable flood light? A bit of a random one to test you @Deluxe1 :D

To be used as a light on a off-road motorbike, doesn't need to be massively bright
Not interested in turbo or high modes, it needs to be able to sustain decent output for as long as possible
Will be in use for up to 6hrs, I'm expecting to need to swap out batteries..
Tough/waterproof
Doesn't need to have a bar mount as long as it would be relatively easy to make a 3D printed mount
Budget up to about £100

Soldato
Fenix BC30 is worth a look at it as you can take the cells out to put some new ones in quickly, quite a few have built in battery packs which can only be charges via usb. You can get this light on ebay for £56.59 if you use the code peachy. I think this code runs out at midnight.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Feni...9:g:zFsAAOSw3xJVWvwq:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Another alternative is a headlight (not sure if this would fit over a helmet?) which if you carry a spare cell with you should give you close to 6 hours at 1100 lumens which is really good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HFCR...olid=28WERM4692K00&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

If the Acebeam is possible i would choose that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eneloop standard or the pro version batteries?

Any suggestions on a battery charger as i see that Energizer types ones can't charge a single battery and need at least 2 plugged in?

Soldato
Thanks for the link to the Nitcore charger , that's exactly the sort of thing i was looking for rather than the wall plug type.

Is the digital D4 version a waste of an extra £8?

Soldato
Just standard eneloops or the pro version.

I see that Nitecore range is so popular that the market is flooded with fake counterfeits which is annoying.

Soldato
Fenix BC30 is worth a look at it as you can take the cells out to put some new ones in quickly, quite a few have built in battery packs which can only be charges via usb.

@Lakeland - I have the BC30, and thought it was decent (I used it for commuting along unlit (and pitch black) roads and trails until my commute changed recently). I really like it - it has an optional wired button for mounting on your handlebars that gives you a useful "fullbeam"/turbo option,and is certainly bright and floody enough to light the way...

I'm quite a fan of Fenix ... Their torches and headlights often seem the most efficient in terms of lumen hours (I've also got a HP25 headtorch of theirs - bought primarily for a long overnight walk. The 2 other walkers got Nitecore options and I ended up lending them cells because theirs ran out and mine made it through the night on 2)

Underboss
Back
Top Bottom