Xbox One X

Soldato
Anyone replaced the X internal drive with much success ? I have been having a read and considering replacing mine with a 2TB SSHD see if it speeds things up a bit especially the dash....

Soldato
All done now have a nice 2TB SSHD (1.6TB free to user) as my internal drive. The dash feels better not so stuttery anyway not tried any games yet.

Tbh it was really simple just partition the drive with script then copy the x drive across from old drive. No idea what all the posts about manually doing this and that are about...

Will try some games later.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have now had a good play around running games etc and everything is considerably better with the SSHD as the main drive. The dash is no longer laggy too which is really nice games also load faster and I’m noticing far less stutter too.

Very happy....

Soldato
I always thought the HDDs had some kind of firmware encryption keys linking it to the mobo. Obviously not. Glad it worked out for you.

Nope no encryption you just need to set up the drive with the correct partitions. You can even download the software from MS to reset the machine too so all software re-installed on the new drive is from MS. It was really easy to do.

Soldato
Just bought an Xbox for my lad for Xmas. Just a question.. anyone know if slime rancher is any good ? And would it be too complicated for an 8 year old? Cheers !

Associate
are these units reliable ? got one yesterday the woman in the shop was desperately trying to flog me a 5 year warranty i said no she looked sad at my decision :p is the Microsoft one year or two?

Soldato
are these units reliable ? got one yesterday the woman in the shop was desperately trying to flog me a 5 year warranty i said no she looked sad at my decision :p is the Microsoft one year or two?

You are covered under UK law for 5 years with the retailer. It’s not as simple as a dedicated warranty but worth knowing.

Associate
You are covered under UK law for 5 years with the retailer. It’s not as simple as a dedicated warranty but worth knowing.

just registered the new device with Microsoft it's saying 3 years but it runs out January 2021, i assume manufactured date was January 2018 will have to contact ms support.

edit: found this post sounds like they rely on the receipt for any warranty repairs start date ect., or they would want too see it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...nty-date/78b9a605-fbcd-4091-9c85-20ec0af602fb

looks i didn't bother registering the old xbox one or the xbox 360 no record of it in my account.

Last edited:
Associate
there stating one year manufactures guarantee on the purchase page no doubt a ploy to flog there expensive monthly and 5 year service / guarantee plans.

Associate
..she's on commission... of course she's sad, you just deprived her of some cash.

i understand that but curry's /pc world are blatantly lying on there website saying its a 1 year manufactures warranty when its not it's 3 years in the UK so they can flog there know how warranties.

Associate
i understand that but curry's /pc world are blatantly lying on there website saying its a 1 year manufactures warranty when its not it's 3 years in the UK so they can flog there know how warranties.
Same with game , I brought mine and was told after 30 days I had to contact ms for any repair and send it off unless I purchased their monthly PAYG plan

Told him to stick it where the sun don't shine

Back
Top Bottom