• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just taken delivery of my XS 64 GB and just wondering how it compares to other deals. I grabbed this on Black Friday (taken this long to receive it due to the back log).
Up front £149.00
Monthly £36.00 over 2 yrs.
Vodafone 100GB Data per month + unlimited calls and texts.

Associate
Just taken delivery of my XS 64 GB and just wondering how it compares to other deals. I grabbed this on Black Friday (taken this long to receive it due to the back log).
Up front £149.00
Monthly £36.00 over 2 yrs.
Vodafone 100GB Data per month + unlimited calls and texts.

Favourably I imagine, the phone is £999 SIM free. For an extra £14 overall you’re getting a cracking deal IMO.

Soldato
Anyone had an issue where the iPhone X screen suddenly stops responding?

Mine has just done it on the train home... tried hard restarting, restoring to ios 12.1.1 and 12.1, completely dead screen.

Guess a trip to Apple in the morning as can't wait a week for an appointment.

Soldato
Favourably I imagine, the phone is £999 SIM free. For an extra £14 overall you’re getting a cracking deal IMO.
That's good to know, thanks. I bought it from one of the retailers which featured in the news last week for declining customer orders based on erroneous credit checks. Didn't happen to me but for a number of days I received texts saying 'subject to network approval'. The offer seemed so good I thought they were going to worm their way out of it. But credit is due.

Soldato
That's good to know, thanks. I bought it from one of the retailers which featured in the news last week for declining customer orders based on erroneous credit checks. Didn't happen to me but for a number of days I received texts saying 'subject to network approval'. The offer seemed so good I thought they were going to worm their way out of it. But credit is due.

Affordable mobiles? They've been excellent handling my purchase :)

Soldato
Fonehouse. I Googled 'best XS deals' and they showed up on a price comparison site. I'd never heard of them + reviews were generally less than desirable but as long as you're willing to wait a while for delivery it's not a problem. Deal was awesome so took the plunge. I can't fault them.

Associate
Just wondered if anyone else has had an issue with the price plan they signed up to with Vodafone from the black friday sale? I got the XS Max 80Gb data for £37 p/m upfront £232. The price plan i currently have is 42GB data for £73 p/m.

I have spoken with the 3rd party seller and Vodafone and have been told it will get sorted so not too worried but three weeks from ordering still no change. I also can't sign up to My Vodafone as the number i ported over is not on their system apparently.

Soldato
Which reseller? I nearly picked up one of those deals but was worried about getting the number properly ported and it all working out okay what with having to deal with a 3rd party.

Soldato
No issues with my plan and that was from buymobiles.net. The phone on the other hand had a dodgy screen so I sent it back for an exchange and I’m still waiting for the replacement :(

Soldato
In Fiumicino airport, and they had the Apple leather iPhone case for £41 vs £55 in the UK. Just like it did on my iPhone 7, it fits extremely well, it's brilliantly made and feels excellent.

Much better than the case I bought above, which didn't really fit at all

Caporegime
I have no problem with fit at all with the £12 case from Amazon for the XR. The clear back is glass which is lovely in feel and allows wireless charge and shows off the colour. The sides is rubber for protection. The only downsides is I take it off once a week to blow out dusts get inside and I can see it. That’s about it really and in the long term, I know sunlight will make the clear rubber go yellow so it will need replacing I expect. Might get a couple spare and put in the drawer.

Soldato
I have no problem with fit at all with the £12 case from Amazon for the XR. The clear back is glass which is lovely in feel and allows wireless charge and shows off the colour. The sides is rubber for protection. The only downsides is I take it off once a week to blow out dusts get inside and I can see it. That’s about it really and in the long term, I know sunlight will make the clear rubber go yellow so it will need replacing I expect. Might get a couple spare and put in the drawer.

The one I got for my XS is a fabric case, and I've noticed it keeps coming loose on the bottom right, unclipping at times

Caporegime
The one I got for my XS is a fabric case, and I've noticed it keeps coming loose on the bottom right, unclipping at times

No chance it is happening to this one. It's not that bulky either and it reminds me of the Tech21 case which costs 3x as much and i think this is built better. The glass back is a really nice touch, it feels like the phone's back, not a case.

Soldato
Ordered my XS Max 256gb space grey today direct from Apple (mates rates) and an apple leather case!

Cannot wait for tomorrow...no doubt should be a substantial upgrade to my iPhone 6 128gb!

Back
Top Bottom