The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Ordered Manquia from today's ATA offering.

Of the rest, I have Angelic Layer (original DVD release and I know I'm already getting this BD release for Christmas), Anthem of the Heart, Silent Voice and the Free set (which came in one of last years bundles). Other than Free (which I haven''t seen) the rest were very good. The other things I'm not interested in.

Caporegime
I would love to get more anime figures, but the cost of the good ones, combined with the fact I don't have anywhere to display them that won't get me mocked by family:p and I already have two expensive plastic habits (one being discs, the other being Warhammer/tabletop gaming*).

Today anime-on-line deals are
Drifters Season 1. DVD £15 Blu-ray £20
Sereph of the End, Part 1. DVD £10 Blu-ray £15
Sereph of the End, Part 2. DVD £10 Blu-ray £15
Heroic legend of Arslan Series 1 Part 1 DVD £10 Blu-ray £15
Heroic legend of Arslan Series 1 Part 2 DVD £10 Blu-ray £15

*I realised how much I'd spent on that this year, and almost fainted:p (I've bought 3 of the boxed games, plus a load of models, and the Hellboy kickstarter with expansion)

I don’t have many, may be 3 or 4 proper ones. Only 2 on display on my desk, Elizabeth from Seven Deadly Sins and Ironman Mk1 suit. They are both relatively small, this one is big.

Weird because randomly I just wanted a figurine of Saber from Fate night whilst searching I can’t see one that I am 100% happy with and saw the Nier figure and before I know it, I ordered it. It’ll be a surprise when it arrives in a year’a time.

Commissario
OP
Ordered Manquia from today's ATA offering.

Of the rest, I have Angelic Layer (original DVD release and I know I'm already getting this BD release for Christmas), Anthem of the Heart, Silent Voice and the Free set (which came in one of last years bundles). Other than Free (which I haven''t seen) the rest were very good. The other things I'm not interested in.

Pretty much the same here, that Silent Voice is a steal for anyone who hasn't got it.

I don’t have many, may be 3 or 4 proper ones. Only 2 on display on my desk, Elizabeth from Seven Deadly Sins and Ironman Mk1 suit. They are both relatively small, this one is big.

Weird because randomly I just wanted a figurine of Saber from Fate night whilst searching I can’t see one that I am 100% happy with and saw the Nier figure and before I know it, I ordered it. It’ll be a surprise when it arrives in a year’a time.

I must admit I've been tempted by a few of the Marvel ones (I think my Brother in law would love one of the better iron man ones), and I know exactly what you mean about Saber.
Most of the characters I'd like to get a figure of either don't have one that I like at an affordable price, or have too much fan service.

Which Nier one did you go for?

Caporegime
Pretty much the same here, that Silent Voice is a steal for anyone who hasn't got it.

I must admit I've been tempted by a few of the Marvel ones (I think my Brother in law would love one of the better iron man ones), and I know exactly what you mean about Saber.
Most of the characters I'd like to get a figure of either don't have one that I like at an affordable price, or have too much fan service.

Which Nier one did you go for?

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?scode=FIGURE-043079&rank

It’s a straight up figurine from the game.

Soldato
Maquia - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition ordered. Missed out on Anthem of the Heart as I was too slow. :) Already had A Silent voice, Free! and blood.

From MVM.
And Sereph of the End, Part 1 & 2 Blu-ray £30

Commissario
OP
Loads of stuff in the anime-on-line offers today, including some really good bits:)

Arakawa Series 1 & 2 Collection (12) DVD
Our price: £3.99

Captain Earth Part 2 (12) DVD
Our price: £0.99

Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Complete Collection (12) Blu-Ray
Our price: £4.99

Devil Survivor 2: The Animation Complete Collection (12) DVD

ef ~ A Tale of Memories & Melodies Collection (15) DVD
Our price: £3.99

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 1 Collection (15) Blu-Ray

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 1 Collection (15) DVD

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 2 Collection (15) Blu-Ray

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 2 Collection (15) DVD

Hidamari Sketch Season 1 Collection (12) Blu-Ray

Hidamari Sketch Season 1 Collection (12) DVD

Invaders Of The Rokujyoma!? Complete Collection (15) Blu-Ray

Invaders Of The Rokujyoma!? Complete Collection (15) DVD

Kill Me Baby Collection (12) Blu-Ray

Kill Me Baby Collection (12) DVD

Log Horizon Season 2 Part 1 (12) DVD
Our price: £2.99

Log Horizon Season 2 Part 2 (12) DVD

Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 Collection - Collector's Edition (PG) Blu-Ray
Our price: £6.99

Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 Collection - Collector's Edition (U) Blu-Ray
Our price: £6.99

Love, Election and Chocolate Collection (12) Blu-Ray

Love, Election and Chocolate Collection (12) DVD

Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful Complete Collection (15) DVD

Michiko & Hatchin Part 2 (15) DVD

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Complete Collection (12) DVD

Nisemonogatari Part 2 (18) DVD

X TV Series Complete Collection (15) DVD

I may have bought Love Live! seasons 1 and 2, as it's something I've heard people go on about so much:p

I've already got Moribito from a previous offer, Love Election, Kill Me Baby, Mahoro, Invaders, Hidamari, EF, and Arakawa from previous offers/last years mystery box.

Soldato
Picked up Invaders Of The Rokujyoma!? Complete Collection for £4.99 on BD ... for that price ...

Got the ones I would want of the rest already, (in fact I've some how ended up with two copies of Love, Election, etc already)

Soldato
Picked up Caste Town Dandelion from ATA in todays sale.

Of the rest, I'm getting Sound Euphonium, Fireworks and the Eureka7 Movie for Christmas. I have Hyouka, Wolf's Rain, Outlaw Star, Wings of Honneamise, FMP Fumuffo, SAO II, and Chrono Crusade. Don't want the others.

edit:
And this morning it'll be a pre-order for the Made in Abyss complete collection

Last edited:
Soldato
Me too ... And I'm expecting many duplicates (in fact I did spend sometime looking at their catalogue thinking is this a good idea ... But the remembered I had a refund for something this morning which would more than cover this so thought well ... *** It)

Soldato
Ah I see. what is generally different between the 2 versions? Marketing and production.

Before 5 employees including the boss got to pick a title. By having 3 sets most, if not all the company may get a pick.

All the Blu-ray sets have gone now.

And non of the title in these has been offered in the previous 11 days.

Commissario
OP
Just different choices, from what I understand (and has been said in the past), they basically have each of the staff choose a title to go in the box from their own favourites.

I'm interested in seeing the range of choices as the last couple of boxes have been fun:)

To give an idea, the 2016 bundle was:
xmas mystery bundle: Expelled from Paradise Collections edition BD
xmas mystery bundle: Fuse the hunter collectors editon BD
xmas mystery bundle: Aldnoah , Zero collectors edition BD
xmas mystery bundle: Hal Limited edition BD
xmas mystery bundle: Gankatsou count of monte cristo collectors edition BD

And the 2017 one:
Blood Blockade Battlefront: Collectors edition Blu-ray
Eden of the East: Complete Collection Blu-ray
Free! Eternal Summer: Blu-ray collectors set
Tokyo Marble Chocolate: Collectors edition Blu-ray (realised I haven't watched that yet!)
Your Lie in april: Part 1 collectors edition Blu-ray
Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning.
Samurai Flamenco set 1.

Back
Top Bottom