Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Because sometimes you want to view a particular film regardless of whether it's still available on your favourite streaming service.

4k Blu-ray's are higher bitrate than anything available to stream, and still not everyone's connection can even cope with 1080p streaming.

Also useful when Netflix randomly decides to not stream at anything better than 240p or your internet craps out completely.

+1

I can buy an old release DVD for a couple of pound to own it. I can watch it when I want and how many times I want rather than paying £5 a time to some streaming service to just "rent it" once.

Man of Honour
Gravel, Slabs, Fence, Wood, Labour

VRVEu8Yl.jpg

deffinately looks wrong, if i was doing this for a customer and this is what they asked for id advise them against having the slabs on top of the wood,
that wood is going to want to expand/contract much more than the muck its layed on, it wont be long before they pop off

Caporegime
deffinately looks wrong, if i was doing this for a customer and this is what they asked for id advise them against having the slabs on top of the wood,
that wood is going to want to expand/contract much more than the muck its layed on, it wont be long before they pop off

You sound like you know a thing or two about popping off other blokes' wood :cool:

Soldato
How long till they finish it?

It's finished :(

That infinity step is going to be fun for drunks. :D

As are most steps I guess.

This,

Looks horrendous espically the random bit over hanging the sleeper

Looks like you either ran out of money or effort.

I'm not sure as to why the patio overhangs the sleeper either.

Definitely this :p

Looks half finished and a bit of a mess to me too.

But each to their own I guess :)

:(

At no point did I ask for the slabs to be on the wood and it is something I've queried with them having seen it. I have wondered the same thing myself; the wood moving or people standing on it.

Soldato
It's finished :(

As are most steps I guess.

I'm not sure as to why the patio overhangs the sleeper either.

:(

At no point did I ask for the slabs to be on the wood and it is something I've queried with them having seen it. I have wondered the same thing myself; the wood moving or people standing on it.

Ask them to make it square/rectangular (pick one) whilst they are at it, will make it look less unfinished

Man of Honour
Gravel, Slabs, Fence, Wood, Labour

VRVEu8Yl.jpg

also the fencing is the wrong way round, what you're seeing there is the outside of the fence, i know many people these days like to see 'the better side' of the fence if they are paying for it,
but imo a fence is to keep people out, not provide them with a set of railings to easily jump into my garden

Soldato
Ask them to make it square/rectangular (pick one) whilst they are at it, will make it look less unfinished

Ah. The patio shape was the design. I hope it will look better when I've got something in it not just a bare garden. :D

also the fencing is the wrong way round, what you're seeing there is the outside of the fence, i know many people these days like to see 'the better side' of the fence if they are paying for it,
but imo a fence is to keep people out, not provide them with a set of railings to easily jump into my garden

Doubt I'd notice a difference, but I don't think these panels have anything horizontal on them. Maybe they do! I've never seen the other side. There back has a hedge along it anyway.
Both fences in the shot have been replaced since I've been here and they've done them both the same way so figured that's how it is.

Man of Honour
Surely it just makes it more difficult to get out as opposed to difficult to get in ?

well i suppose if we take your logic as an example and a burglar is running off with your 65" TV then yes it would be better to allow them ease of access and then create a nice obstacle for their escape

personally id prefer to try to keep them out in the first place, but thats just me

Soldato
Because sometimes you want to view a particular film regardless of whether it's still available on your favourite streaming service.

4k Blu-ray's are higher bitrate than anything available to stream, and still not everyone's connection can even cope with 1080p streaming.

Also useful when Netflix randomly decides to not stream at anything better than 240p or your internet craps out completely.

The patio chat looks more interesting..but I agree. Netflix 4k looks pants compared to UHD discs. It's all about the bitrate.

However iPlayer uhd hlg HDR looks pretty good. Defo a step up from Netflix, but still far from UHD.

If it's a movie you like, then I still see value in buying a disc. But they are expensive (the above case an exception) so I don't buy many

Man of Honour
People still buy DVDs? Why?
Because the image and sound quality is vastly superior to that offered by any of the streaming services.

If you have a decent setup then it's night and day difference between a high bitrate UHD disc and Netflix, Sky etc.

Also sometimes it's nice to own something physical and put it on a shelf or what not.

Commissario
I used one of the ebay codes to order some bits for my plastic addiction a few weeks ago, they've just arrived:) (one was out of stock).

plasticfantastic201812.jpg

plasticfantastic201812a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom