****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Soldato
I am pretty new to the game, still working out how it all works, I had worked up to tier V on a few things but thought I would go for some boxes to speed me up a bit.
20 x Large
5000 Dubs
Ashitaka
Texas
Krasny Krym
Plus a pretty decent number of flags and coal.

Happy that it was a pretty decent deal as a starter pack, will try and hold off now until I have learned to use these guys properly.

I am still trying to wrap my head around play styles for them - The Texas with it's spotter has a pretty epic range, but getting the hang of the different firing angle is proving hard.
I tend to either rock or suck hard with the Ashitaka - I need to play battles back to back with her to get a real feel for the guns, some rounds I get my eye in early and hit hard. Other times with captains varying speed and angles well I am really struggling.
The Krasny... I don't know why, but I keep getting suckered into wanting to close to use my Torps and then getting owned.

Soldato
BUT BUT it's a premium... There must be a use case for it... ;)
I feel like it ought to be a capable anti DD ship but hey ho.
I am enjoying the Texas, the speed might be low but the turning circle is small enough to be good for torp dodging. AA is awesome. I just need to get better at estimating boat speed especially with long range shots.

Soldato
I am pretty new to the game, still working out how it all works, I had worked up to tier V on a few things but thought I would go for some boxes to speed me up a bit.
20 x Large
5000 Dubs
Ashitaka
Texas
Krasny Krym
Plus a pretty decent number of flags and coal.

Happy that it was a pretty decent deal as a starter pack, will try and hold off now until I have learned to use these guys properly.

I am still trying to wrap my head around play styles for them - The Texas with it's spotter has a pretty epic range, but getting the hang of the different firing angle is proving hard.
I tend to either rock or suck hard with the Ashitaka - I need to play battles back to back with her to get a real feel for the guns, some rounds I get my eye in early and hit hard. Other times with captains varying speed and angles well I am really struggling.
The Krasny... I don't know why, but I keep getting suckered into wanting to close to use my Torps and then getting owned.

Get the USA St Louis T3 or Russian T3 Bogatyr and enjoy some over the top gun play. Will give you chance to get some points whilst learning how to aim. Some people suggest watching videos but get a couple of good T3/T4 ships and learn the craft with them.

Soldato
I am enjoying the Texas, the speed might be low but the turning circle is small enough to be good for torp dodging. AA is awesome. I just need to get better at estimating boat speed especially with long range shots.

Texas is awesome, especially when you be a little bit rude and fully spec her for AA. I mean everything, ship upgrades, commander skills, signal flags, the lot. AA rating of 80, at tier 5, with a 5.1KM AA bubble which utterly SHREDS planes, and even the 20mm AA throws out to 2.9KM. Just a shame you can't guarantee a CV inclusive match, but she's still a decent BB overall, just slow.

Soldato
I've been enjoying this game recently but I'm stuck on T4 at the moment. Need to get some doubloons to convert some XP into free XP so I can go for T6.

What ships are you stuck on at T4? The T4 'grind' shouldn't be too bad, and TBH the conversion ratios are awful, you'd be better off buying some flags for extra XP per battle, and aiming to win 1 per day per ship, that's how I've worked my way up through the tree.

Associate
Skipping tiers is a really really bad idea. The difference in maps/ships is considerable in just 2 tiers. Especially as you will face T8 at T6.

At low tiers the grind is tiny. If you really want to get through the tiers pay for premium account and play the games needed to get the XP.

Soldato
What ships are you stuck on at T4? The T4 'grind' shouldn't be too bad, and TBH the conversion ratios are awful, you'd be better off buying some flags for extra XP per battle, and aiming to win 1 per day per ship, that's how I've worked my way up through the tree.

I've just been playing with the German T4 destroyer and the British T4 cruiser mainly. I'll start playing with more ships then. Thanks for the tip.

Soldato
Dont be too eager to go above T6 and beyond I still find the most enjoyable battles around T4-T6. The Jap destroyers have good range and are fun. I've started going up the Jap BB line as previously I couldnt hit a thing with them so just left them but now I've learnt the spread and firing I`m loving it.

Soldato
Dont be too eager to go above T6 and beyond I still find the most enjoyable battles around T4-T6.

Very true, I find tier 5 very enjoyable, as long as you don't get dumped into a mostly tier 7 match. Still, if you pick your ship (ahem, GERMAN BB) carefully you can have a bit of trollish fun at tier 5 even if your entire team is comprised of potatoes. As this team was, but I had fun:

XNYYVNN.jpg

:D

Soldato
Is anyone else finding MM to be a bit 'shonky' at the moment?

Seems that most of my games I take out my tier 7's now dumps me into a mostly tier 9 battle, which is not even remotely any fun, especially being a DD when every other DD out-spots you, and has more guns which fire faster than yours, and you just get radar'd to death by T9 cruisers. T8 was not a lot of fun for the same reasons, but that seemed to be less frequent than it is now! :(

Wish they'd just damn well implement +1 MM tier spread, it's not like they're short of players to do it.

Soldato
Since they 'improved' T8 MM it has made T7 a lot more brutal. Pretty much every time they change the MM they shift what tiers end up being messed up.

Back
Top Bottom