Multibit owners

Associate
Evening all just after Schitt Multibit owners opinion on the DAC what it sounds like Bass exc. im looking on changing my V90 DAC not that the v90 is poor its good but since having the Magni 3 i thought id have a change and order myself one

Soldato
bass is good and the highs are detailed, though not clinical like a SABRE DAC. After using the original Modi for a year or two, I noticed that bass, detail and imaging were all noticeably improved. It's hard to describe but I find music seems to flow better with the Multibit than with the original Modi, it just sounds more, well, musical. :D

Listening done through DT1990, HD 650 and HE 400i headphones

Soldato
no, I've not had any problems with my USB and the Multibit so I never bothered.

You could just try using an optical feed and see if you can hear a difference, it's a lot cheaper than buying an Eitr

Associate
OP
Nope not had an issue with my USB and DAC either just looking at few threads and some say the multibit and Eitr work really well together. Wonder what all the USB gen 5 is all about lol

Associate
OP
I honestly don't trust my ears to pick up any changes wrought by USB - when I was 20 maybe but not at 61 :D
Same here im not 61 but 44. I may opt for the Modi i don't think it be much of an upgrade for the v90 but i suppose have the same gear on my pc would look better and may put the v90 for my Dali and use the PI for picoreplayer

Back
Top Bottom