Steelcase Leap V1

Associate
Is this V1 or V2 please ?
4847ab31-56b0-475e-baba-156100d2fd33.jpg

Associate
With how much the price of the V2's has gone up compared to a year ago, part of me thinks that maybe going all in on/for a Gesture or a Embody would actually be the wiser decision.

Soldato
seems fine if its a decent quality refurb. There seems to be nowhere in Scotland to officially buy a Steelcase chair....the 'alpha' shop in glasgow has a to let sign outside it.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm strongly considering buying a second hand Steelcase chair (leap v2 or gesture) but I'm a bit concerned about the fact the foam might be a bit on the flat side after years of usage. This is a problem I usually have with cheaper office chairs I buy, they become far less comfortable after 2 or 3 years.

Can anyone who's had one for many years comment on how their chair is now comfort wise compared to when they first got it? Thanks :)

Associate
@Joey1988 just make sure wherever you buy it from has reconditioned it and you'll be good to go. Bar the odd little mark, the leap i bought from 2ndhnd was as good as new. I had a slight issue with the adjustable lip on mine but i sorted that myself.

Thanks, I'd be buying it from 2ndhnd. I wasn't sure if they put new foam in or not.

Unfortunately the one I wanted has gone out of stock now, I'll have to keep an eye out for a restock. :)

Associate
I think the foam must be brand new. Mine certainly felt like it. Had it try years and it was such a good buy. V1.

I wish ocuk/the world would drop the broom broom chairs and start selling decent value stuff

Associate
No but I wish rather then thier make (noble chairs?) were just decent office style chairs for adults. They don't have to be leap level just solid with decent ergonomics

Associate
I recently bought a steelcase V2 and the gas cylinder hits the ground on carpet and on hard floors, impairing movement.

The seller insists that this is the way it is supposed to be and has only offered me some larger wheels.

Has anyone got pics on what the distance between the floor and the cylinder should be?

Soldato
I recently bought a steelcase V2 and the gas cylinder hits the ground on carpet and on hard floors, impairing movement.

The seller insists that this is the way it is supposed to be and has only offered me some larger wheels.

Has anyone got pics on what the distance between the floor and the cylinder should be?
see posts 69-71, I had a similar issue. Just bought bigger wheels

Associate

The cylinder on my leap v2 here in the office is about 1.5cm off the ground and has 2.5 inch wheels.

Soldato
Mine after the 4-5 years of owning is going to need some new padding in the seat, think I'll DIY it although need to research further before doing so, gas lift is also getting a little spongey so wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that at the same time.

Soldato
Mine after the 4-5 years of owning is going to need some new padding in the seat, think I'll DIY it although need to research further before doing so, gas lift is also getting a little spongey so wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that at the same time.
mine was getting sore to sit on for long periods so i got a seat cushion, job jobbed XD

Back
Top Bottom