*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
Another boss that people apparently find easy that I'm struggling on- Living Failures!

Tbh, I'm not so much struggling, as just don't have many blood vials left(yeah I tried doing a chalice dungeon I maybe wasn't prepared for), so when I lose I have to farm some and I can't be bothered.

Having consumable health items is by far the worst mistake this game makes imo.

Soldato
Another boss that people apparently find easy that I'm struggling on- Living Failures!

Tbh, I'm not so much struggling, as just don't have many blood vials left(yeah I tried doing a chalice dungeon I maybe wasn't prepared for), so when I lose I have to farm some and I can't be bothered.

Having consumable health items is by far the worst mistake this game makes imo.
Easily the worst problem imo. Which chalice dungeon are you up to. Later dungeons give you so many echoes that you can get 20+ vials in a couple minutes. If not just use the cleric beast lantern to farm about 10 vials per run.

As for living failures sure they're not too hard but they do hit hard so having little vials can make it a little challenging so don't feel too disheartened. Just remember that the meteor attack will always come from the same side so use the central area as cover.

Soldato
Yeah the central Yarnham to cleric beast run is the best I've found for Blood Vials.

I can't remember the name of the chalice dungeon, it was fairly easy until I got to a boss door and found Rom behind it.

Soldato
I came very, very close to beating Maria on my first attempt, but haven't come close in the 4 or 5 since then

Oh and once I realised, quite late, that you can parry the Living Failures they became a joke!

Edit-OK, got the hang of her now. Just beat her using only two blood vials, and one of those was because I used some health to get extra QS bullets.

Quality of the dlc is excellent!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I was in a similar boat. Beat Failures first try but lost a lot of vials, went straight to Maria and almost got her. Then got wrecked and finally got her on my 3rd try but her AoE can be a pain.

Associate
Took me at least 10 goes to finally beat maria, nice of them to put a lamp right at her front door(no pun intended), I managed to corner and glitch her to the point I was able to land a load of free hits before the AI managed to break out.

Associate
As somebody who has really enjoyed DS1, 2 & 3 on the PC, my wife has bought me a PS4 Pro and Bloodborne for Chrimbo. How does this play compared to the Dark Souls series? Am I going to get my backside handed to me on a plate again?

Associate
As somebody who has really enjoyed DS1, 2 & 3 on the PC, my wife has bought me a PS4 Pro and Bloodborne for Chrimbo. How does this play compared to the Dark Souls series? Am I going to get my backside handed to me on a plate again?
The framerate will be capped at 30fps in comparison to the 60+ on PC DS's, you will be using blood vial a lot more than flask to replenish health and you can recover health by attacking aswell.
Instead of parrying with shield you use a gun to parry/stun enemy to do a visceral attack.
Combat in general or gameplay is a lot more fast pace in comparison to DS, the lamp/bonfire is setup to like DS2&3 where you use someone to level up your stats and buy items.
Other than that, enjoy the hunt.

Associate
The framerate will be capped at 30fps in comparison to the 60+ on PC DS's, you will be using blood vial a lot more than flask to replenish health and you can recover health by attacking aswell.
Instead of parrying with shield you use a gun to parry/stun enemy to do a visceral attack.
Combat in general or gameplay is a lot more fast pace in comparison to DS, the lamp/bonfire is setup to like DS2&3 where you use someone to level up your stats and buy items.
Other than that, enjoy the hunt.

Cheers! Framerate doesn't both me so much as being on a confortable environment.

Soldato
Been hearing things about this Orphan of Kos, and I've been dreading it as it sounds like I'll b there a while. I knew I was coming up to it, as its quite obvious and I only had 12 vials, but I though I'd give it a go. I got it down to about a third and tbh when I died I was quite optimistic about my chances.

I'll try it no doubt another few times tonight!

Associate
Been hearing things about this Orphan of Kos, and I've been dreading it as it sounds like I'll b there a while. I knew I was coming up to it, as its quite obvious and I only had 12 vials, but I though I'd give it a go. I got it down to about a third and tbh when I died I was quite optimistic about my chances.

I'll try it no doubt another few times tonight!
Once you learn his pattern he isn't that bad, what got me killed most is after his HP goes below half he starts pulling off the same moves but faster which for me cause the fps to dip which makes it hard to dodge or perform visceral.

fez

fez

Caporegime
With half the bloodborne bosses its about whether they suit your play-style and whether you can remain relaxed. When a boss had killed me a few times I would get nervous when I had him near death unless I had loads of health vials left and a huge health bar. I guess thats half the fun though!

Soldato
Once you learn his pattern he isn't that bad, what got me killed most is after his HP goes below half he starts pulling off the same moves but faster which for me cause the fps to dip which makes it hard to dodge or perform visceral.

Yeah, but there's a bit of luck/randomness involved as well as he has the ability to cancel out of some of his attacks, you can never be so sure when he ends. I had trouble with him, defeated all the rest 1-5 tries but he took me like 15-20. I had attemps when he hardly hit me and then all **** went down close to the end.

My advice would be to approach him carefully during the first phase when you learn his openings and get just 1-2 hits in. When he jumps towards you you can walk/run under him and get a visceral and some of his attacks are worth parrying. In the second phase, run to the the water and don't use lock-on too much.

A bit similar with Logarius, in some YT playthroughs he was really tame, when I faced him he spammed AoE like crazy:p

fez

fez

Caporegime
I forgot to fight laurence..his fighting style is similar to vicar amelia which I struggled a lot.
Easily can spend my 2-3 hour evening before going to bed on vicar amelia alone and get no where.

Vicar amelia didn't cause me any issues at all but lawrence, man he was something else. First phase quite easy, second phase was just nails.

That was the funny thing, I think I did Laurence in one or two tries and could see what all the fuss was about. :)

God damnit! I must have tried 20-30 times and lawrence just ruined me when he lost his legs and lava was everywhere.

Soldato
God damnit! I must have tried 20-30 times and lawrence just ruined me when he lost his legs and lava was everywhere.
Don't know what I can tell you to do.

I used the Hunter's Axe all the way through the game and the R2 spin move has loads of range on it.

That, and don't step in the lava. :p

Back
Top Bottom