Some advice on upgrading

Associate
So I want to upgrade my CPU, Motherboard and RAM. If I was to add these, would my Windows 10 still work? I upgraded from Windows 7 from that free update, my friend told me that I would have to buy Windows 10 again, is this true?

Soldato
So I want to upgrade my CPU, Motherboard and RAM. If I was to add these, would my Windows 10 still work? I upgraded from Windows 7 from that free update, my friend told me that I would have to buy Windows 10 again, is this true?

Windows is normally logged into your man account and if OEM version to motherboard.
If it does ask you to reactivate after logging into your man/Hotmail then use MS web chat and mention you had to replace a broken motherboard and now it's asking you to reactivate, normally they'll take control and activate it for you

Associate
I went from an x58 Intel Xeon based system and swapped out the board, chip and RAM to Ryzen. Windows booted up, said detecting new hardware, then a couple of minutes later booted straight to desktop and I didn't need to do a thing :) I'd imagine it should be fine.

Associate
OP
Windows is normally logged into your man account and if OEM version to motherboard.
If it does ask you to reactivate after logging into your man/Hotmail then use MS web chat and mention you had to replace a broken motherboard and now it's asking you to reactivate, normally they'll take control and activate it for you

I cannot remember the last time I used hotmail/outlook account :p

I went from an x58 Intel Xeon based system and swapped out the board, chip and RAM to Ryzen. Windows booted up, said detecting new hardware, then a couple of minutes later booted straight to desktop and I didn't need to do a thing :) I'd imagine it should be fine.

Gotcha, I will just go with it and see what happens then.

Thanks for the advice, lads!

Soldato
I'll add that if you have your old Windows 7 key or at least proof of purchase for it to hand it will save a lot of hassle if there are any problems.

Back
Top Bottom