4K HDR Playback W10 build1809

Soldato
Here we go, sorry it took a while! I just took screen shots of anything I changed, anything not screenshotted didn't change!

The Nvidia settings are just set to 1080p, Highest (32bit), 12bpc, RGB and Full. Can't take a screenshot as I am on RDP at the moment.

When I get home tonight I can take some pics of a movie playing with the MadVR stats (ctrl+j) on screen so you can compare those too.

Associate
OP
Thanks, settings largley the same except I was using LAV filters for 'external filters' I have put it to madVR like yours and it no longer crashes when going full screen.

It still does not trigger HDR though on its own. Luckily if I toggle the windows switch then go full screen it does work. If I come out of full screen the colours go all washed out.

Same thing with PowerDVD18 (just googled it that guy is selling a leaked build of the program). They both work but dont auto trigger for some reason (a minor gripe).

MPC beats PowerDVD18 as it auto switches refresh rate for me. Ar well it was worth a 5 quid to try it haha.

Thanks for your help,
Sean

EDIT** Just magically started working?? I even opened up MPC-BE (still set up as before with LAV filters) nvidea set to 4;2;2 10bit it now triggers HDR again on its own. Thank god for that was getting rather annoyed with it lol. No idea what went wrong? PowerDVD18 still doesnt work but I dont need it to now haha ***

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha oh man, computers eh! Awesome it's working again but always annoying when that happens.

Only reason I didn't have LAV as external filters is because MPC-HC defaults to LAV, it comes with them.

Associate
OP
Haha oh man, computers eh! Awesome it's working again but always annoying when that happens.

Only reason I didn't have LAV as external filters is because MPC-HC defaults to LAV, it comes with them.

Oh really, I just followed a guide a while back. I assume new versions of MPC will include update version of the filters etc then. I may not update anything now and just leave it lol

Soldato
Oh really, I just followed a guide a while back. I assume new versions of MPC will include update version of the filters etc then. I may not update anything now and just leave it lol
MPC-HC as a project stopped in 2017. You won't be seeing any updates I'm afraid.

Associate
OP
MPC-HC as a project stopped in 2017. You won't be seeing any updates I'm afraid.

Im sure it updated to a beta version just a month or so ago lol. I suppose its actually LAV/MadVR that is doing all the work anyway

MPC-BE is what I use thats why - just looked its still being updated.

Any reason why you use HC if thats a finished project?

Associate
OP
Oh yeah think you did say. Hopefully yours is sorted as well now then haha. Let me know if not, im sure we can sort it out somehow :)

Back
Top Bottom