PC Spec for regular use

Soldato
OP
Budget not really sure, it's for my grandfather, probably around £400? could be more.

Storage wise, 2TB would probably do maybe with an option to add more in the future?

Soldato
Associate
Ohh thats odd, the case description says - Support for Micro-ATX Motherboards (Up to 22.6cm x 18cm) and the motherboard Micro ATX Form Factor; 22.6cm x 17.4cm

You could probably double the RAM and go for a Samsung SSD.

I know Chrome uses a lot of memory but im sure 8Gb would be ample.
Changing the SSD to Samsung wouldn't give you any noticeable performance increase, it would be better to just increase the SSD capacity.
If you wanted to spend a bit more then bump the CPU up to an i3, if you wanted to you could go i5 but for web browsing you wouldn't gain much over the i3

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £484.55 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Soldato
Ohh thats odd, the case description says - Support for Micro-ATX Motherboards (Up to 22.6cm x 18cm) and the motherboard Micro ATX Form Factor; 22.6cm x 17.4cm

yes.. don't trust the numbers. look where my motherboard is nearly touching the side of the case in my photo, and compare the rear left mounting hole on both boards looks like about an extra 10mm on the gigabyte one which would push on outside of case
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=830.

anyway enough of that... that system you specced up will fly and will look the *ollucks too in that case

Back
Top Bottom