******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
People are just ****** that they are being proven wrong and the game is coming together well. Spite is powerful!

I'd have to agree with that, Shame that people are like that, must be a sad existence.

Play with others, or us when we pop on it. It's hilarious, beautiful and terrifying*

*and that's just Worzel's flying.

You consider that flying?

Run you two over the next time I see you both

Associate
Finally got around to booting up the game over the weekend for a bit, it's playing so much better on my machine since the last time I played 2 years ago on version 2.6.

Experienced a couple of bugs where I had to kill my character after getting trapped - one time when I fell between some pipes on the landing platform and another when I lowered the lift of my Connie in space and the game refused to turn on my EVA propulsion so I got trapped floating above the lift. Had another bug where I couldn't scroll down through the ship retrieval screen at the station so I could only pick from my first couple of ships.

Enjoying messing about in the Hornet Ghost, it's such a nice ship to zip around in.
Need to do a lot of practice flying around, mainly need to learn to slow down a bit sooner.

Soldato
Hi

I stopped following this some time ago, but i am a backer ...... can anyone who does follow it tell me if the devs ever talk about VR support any more ? last i heard it was deprioritised but not removed from the list of things to do... however last i looked the game just did not seem well made for VR, with it ticking every vr no no in the book.

I am happy the game is coming together now, however i just cant play games like this on a screen any more :(

thanks

Mike.

Caporegime
Hi

I stopped following this some time ago, but i am a backer ...... can anyone who does follow it tell me if the devs ever talk about VR support any more ? last i heard it was deprioritised but not removed from the list of things to do... however last i looked the game just did not seem well made for VR, with it ticking every vr no no in the book.

I am happy the game is coming together now, however i just cant play games like this on a screen any more :(

thanks

Mike.

Not recently, the last thing they said on it was it will support VR but they need to make the game before its implemented.

Soldato
Not recently, the last thing they said on it was it will support VR but they need to make the game before its implemented.

cool thanks, yeah i think i heard that too...... alas generally the golden rule of VR if it is to work well is to have it at the back of your mind when designing things, not try and add it later to a fixed game, so i am really worried about this to be honest.

about 3 months ago i tried to get a refund. (note i am not raging or anything) The game could well be a huge success but it isnt the game that i backed, its scope is amazing if they pull it off mind you, but the 3 key features for me were VR , coop play in squadron 42 and the PvP slider to remove pvp unless in un regulated space.....and two of these are definitely gone and the other one coming after the rest of the game is made.

sadly i missed the point at which refunds were being offered so i just follow very loosely from the sidelines.

Soldato
OP
cool thanks, yeah i think i heard that too...... alas generally the golden rule of VR if it is to work well is to have it at the back of your mind when designing things, not try and add it later to a fixed game, so i am really worried about this to be honest.

about 3 months ago i tried to get a refund. (note i am not raging or anything) The game could well be a huge success but it isnt the game that i backed, its scope is amazing if they pull it off mind you, but the 3 key features for me were VR , coop play in squadron 42 and the PvP slider to remove pvp unless in un regulated space.....and two of these are definitely gone and the other one coming after the rest of the game is made.

sadly i missed the point at which refunds were being offered so i just follow very loosely from the sidelines.

I don't remember the slider ever being a guarantee of no PvP. It was meant to reduce it, nothing more.

VR has been there since the start but honestly remains such a niche I can't see it being a priority these days. It simply hasn't become mainstream and shows little sign of doing so anytime soon.

Associate
I don't remember the slider ever being a guarantee of no PvP. It was meant to reduce it, nothing more.

Iirc I think, famous last words, that during the early days CIG on streams did basically describe it as an on/off switch. If they get the balance right with the crime & punishment systems it won't matter that it has gone anyway.

Soldato
What are the download times like these days? i've not played for about i year i think. last time i had to download over 30gig twice and it took about an hour per gig. i know some of that was my sucky broadband but i'm sure someone said they were working on the downloads so you actually just got the updated bits and not the whole thing again..? Or something??

Associate
What are the download times like these days? i've not played for about i year i think. last time i had to download over 30gig twice and it took about an hour per gig. i know some of that was my sucky broadband but i'm sure someone said they were working on the downloads so you actually just got the updated bits and not the whole thing again..? Or something??
I recently downloaded the full game for a fresh install, about 3 weeks ago now. It took roughly 3 hours for the full download to complete.

Soldato
Iirc I think, famous last words, that during the early days CIG on streams did basically describe it as an on/off switch. If they get the balance right with the crime & punishment systems it won't matter that it has gone anyway.

See, As an avid Elite Dangerous player I have come to realise that - in that game at least - no matter what Frontier do, there are players who will do what ever it takes to exploit loopholes. Ultimately FD waste lots of time and updates on trying to stop a small section of players acting in a certain way, and what happens is it makes it an inconvenience for the majority of players and the small segment of players still manage to find a way around it any way.

Maybe CIG will be different and come up with something (i am doubtful) maybe the SC players will be a more mature bunch (not buying that) so sadly i fear any ai based rules system will either be exploitable OR will be too restrictive on the majority of players.

At least in Elite i can circumnavigate it, in SC....................... time will tell.

Caporegime
The downloads through Origin have been horrid recently. Wildly variable speeds, from less than 500Kb/s up to maximising my connection at 9MB/s and everything in between.

Back
Top Bottom