• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
As depending on what GPU they use say a vega56 and number of components the build has a 500w/550w PSU might not be powerful enough to run it, **if they are also OVERCLOCKING both CPU and GPU as well.**

Thank you for the detail in your post above - and apologies as you must think I'm an idiot asking all these questions.

But - in summary - if I get a 750W Gold PSU then that should meet the requirements of my system (i5 4690K, Vega 56, 1 SSD, 1 HDD, 2 x case fans) with room for some mild overclocking?

Soldato
Thank you for the detail in your post above - and apologies as you must think I'm an idiot asking all these questions.

But - in summary - if I get a 750W Gold PSU then that should meet the requirements of my system (i5 4690K, Vega 56, 1 SSD, 1 HDD, 2 x case fans) with room for some mild overclocking?
Easily.

Soldato

Definitely. I use a 750w bronze Antec 750, 3570k at 4.4ghz, vega 56, 3 SSD's, 1 HDD, 4 case fans and it hasn't skipped a beat, so your Gold PSU will be enough for sure.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The rating (using metals for some reason) relates to its efficiency rather than how good it is. I personally go by brand so research who the parent company is or the ones that supply the manufacturer. My last one was Seasonic which is a solid make, there is a table online somewhere which lists the details of all this tpe of stuff, well worth looking at before purchasing.

Associate
Hi guys, I got a Sapphire Pulse from the OCUK black Friday sale and she's running at 1025mv/1075mv with a +40 power limit and a 6.5% clock boost (I didn't manually set the clocks) which sustains a clock of 1710mhz. I also have 950mhz@1000mv HBM.

I'm sure this isn't the most efficient, but is this looking like a good clock to you guys?. It certainly seems to do well in Timespy.

Associate
So my Antec 650w would not be enough for a 56 with an i5 with a small OC?

My 10 year old Antec SG650 with only 1 x 8 pcie ran mine perfectly well with a 1x8pin to 2x8pin adapter on a single cable.
Might (well probably would) melt the single cable though, this was with an I7 4790k @ 4.8 and the Vega @ 1650 core 925 mem
But did buy a 850w because i thought it wouldnt run.

Soldato
Hi guys, I got a Sapphire Pulse from the OCUK black Friday sale and she's running at 1025mv/1075mv with a +40 power limit and a 6.5% clock boost (I didn't manually set the clocks) which sustains a clock of 1710mhz. I also have 950mhz@1000mv HBM.

I'm sure this isn't the most efficient, but is this looking like a good clock to you guys?. It certainly seems to do well in Timespy.
Yeah that's a nice overclock but certainly not efficient. If you wanted efficiency you'd need to drop the clocks by ~100 MHz. I concluded that the extra FPS from those extra 100 MHz just wasn't worth the increase in power draw and heat in most games.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeah that's a nice overclock but certainly not efficient. If you wanted efficiency you'd need to drop the clocks by ~100 MHz. I concluded that the extra FPS from those extra 100 MHz just wasn't worth the increase in power draw and heat in most games.

What are people able to run games at regarding voltage undervolt so we can work out the rough number the chips seem to sit at (stable)?

Soldato
What are people able to run games at regarding voltage undervolt so we can work out the rough number the chips seem to sit at (stable)?
I'm not sure how useful such a poll would be because it seems like Vega deliberately underclocks if you don't give it enough voltage for the clock you ask for. Mine never goes above 1600 MHz despite both my P6 and P7 states being set in that way. It's rock solid though.

Associate
@MyBrains.. Try 930mhz on the mem at 950mv. That's what I use on my. Undervolt the core to 1v for p6 and p7

Tried lower volts on the core, stuff crashes and freezes doing looped runs of Heaven, not played with HBM volts too much but they dont get that hot at 1000mv. Will have a play around with HBM volts at some point though :)

It does 950 on the memory, 955 is instant crash, thats why for gaming i leave it at 925.

Associate
Same happens with looping 3DMark Graphic tests too though, but its all good, im happy with this atm :) I have a 1702 and 1717 Core Clock profiles for benching, usually the second fastest Vega 56 in the benchmark threads here :p

Associate
Hi all, I jus buy my sapphire vega 56 pulse version too! amazing grafic card! i install the new AMD adrenalin-2019-edition-18.12.2 drivers! I have EVGA GQ 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular. it works good? cans ome one with same card give me some hellp here stable overclock and temps?

TKS in Advance!

Back
Top Bottom