BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
I actually find the Dakota leather in my g30 much softer than it was in the f22... And the Dakota leather in a friend's g01 felt different again (much smoother, less texture). All things considered my butt cares very little once I'm in them :)

The G01 has Nappa as standard not Dakota.

Caporegime
Right - Dilemma time

I will soon be selling my 2013 BMW 530D Touring MSport Automatic

80,000 miles
19" Wheels
Black Dakota Leather
Pro Nav
Reversing Camera + Park Distance Control
Electric Sports Seats with heating and memory
Fine woodgrain
Adaptive Xenon lights

It has a small(ish) scratch on the drivers door and some slight stone chips and alloy wheel damage

WeBuyAnyCar's "offer" is ridiculously low

Autotrader reckons nearly 13k based on the spec/mileage

Realistically, what am I likely to be able to get on a private sale? And are Gumtree and Ebay the best options? 12.5K would be nice.

Caporegime
Smart repair on the door and getting the wheels refurbished would be my first move if I wanted a decent price, wrong time of year to sell though imo.

I’ve sold admittedly much cheaper cars on Gumtree without any issues, Autotrader, PistonHeads etc would be my other options.

Man of Honour
Really? Do people expect a 5 1/2 year old car with 80,000+ miles on it to be in showroom condition?

I think people expect a 13 grand car to be in good condition rather than showroom condition so if it can be fixed cheaply then why not?

It was a trade value of about 13k so 12.5k seems very low to me.

Caporegime
Really? Do people expect a 5 1/2 year old car with 80,000+ miles on it to be in showroom condition?
It’s as simple as this, if I’m in the market for such a car at ballpark £13k and I’m looking at two similar examples one is yours with door damage and scuffed wheels the other is unmarked by comparison then which one would I buy?

~ £13k isn’t much to some buyers but certainly for me if I was spending that amount on a car I’d not expect to then have to rectify damage, the odd stone chip here or there is to be expected but that’s where I’d draw the line.

Caporegime
Say you can get a smart repair on the door for ballpark £200 and the wheels for £200 then that’s a £400 outlay, with the existing damage it’s probably worth trade or a bit more but fixed surely a lot more than that, and certainly way more than the £400 outlay.

I’d at least explore the costs of getting it fixed prior to advertising.

You may well get 14 but not at this time of year I’d guess.

Associate
I found that it matters very little how much it was now, but how desirable it is.
I just sold my 2008 Audi A4 - It was clean, lots of maintenance done recently (engine mounts, clutch, DMF, glow plugs, decent spec, 3.0 TDI Quattro and the like. 110k miles. Autotrader suggested 3.5-3.8k trade value, I've seen similar ones on eBay end at 4.3 - 4.8k at auctions. I still got £6k for it, although there was a bit of hassle involved due to many people just talking for days via ebay messaging and then not saying anything.

An e92 Coupe LCI 330D won't be a million miles away when new price wise from an e92 335D M sport, but the later will be worth twice as much on the market.

Man of Honour
An e92 Coupe LCI 330D won't be a million miles away when new price wise from an e92 335D M sport, but the later will be worth twice as much on the market.

Whilst I take your point (I mentioned list price as his post was written as if we were talking about a diesel Renault or something) an LCI 330d E92 is not worth half an E92 335d.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
^ same is true of convertibles which are not much more than their hard top equivalents when new. When older they retain tons more value as they retain the purpose of at least being desirable in the summer.

Associate
Whilst I take your point (I mentioned list price as his post was written as if we were talking about a diesel Renault or something) an LCI 330d E92 is not worth half an E92 335d.
Maybe not exatly half, but the gap is actually ridiculous.
Cheapest LCI 330D is 5k, albeit a ropey one: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808249815347?radius=1500&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&aggregatedTrim=330d&make=BMW&postcode=ec1a7aj&model=3 SERIES&year-from=2010&body-type=Coupe&page=1
Cheapest LCI 335D is 9k, albeit probably just as ropey: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...=Coupe&postcode=ec1a7aj&sort=price-asc&page=1
This appeared quite recently and invaluates my point, but the gap is still 50% on average
I was quite shocked to find out that the price gap it's nowhere near as big on the 5 series. :)

Man of Honour
You can't use the bottom of the market outliers to make a point like that. Who knows why that cheap one is that cheap?

Let's do a fair and like for like comparison and take the glasses trade value for a 2010/60 example of both with say 100k on.

335d M Sport: £9044
330d M Sport: £7661

Nothing like twice the value.

Associate
You can't use the bottom of the market outliers to make a point like that. Who knows why that cheap one is that cheap?

Let's do a fair and like for like comparison and take the glasses trade value for a 2010/60 example of both with say 100k on.

335d M Sport: £9044
330d M Sport: £7661

Nothing like twice the value.
Agree, more like a 335D worth around 50% more.
You can find decent 330D around 6k with minimal patience privately and a decent 335D for around 9k privately. I've just bought one after looking at the market for a while.

I've illustrated with my A4 above how valuated trade values can vary wildly compared to reality.

Back
Top Bottom