DAB Radio on PC?

Associate
Yes, there is the Radioscape ZE5101 (one on eBay right now) which is a PCI based DAB card. It's rather old though with little info available so possibly only works on an OS like Win XP, I can't even find a link for the drivers.

If you just want to listen to radio on a PC then alternatively you could get any DVB-S or DVB-T card and access the radio broadcasts over Satellite or Terrestrial. They aren't the same exact data streams that are sent over DAB and I don't know if all stations are available on each platform but you'll have the benefit of the higher bitrate. You'll obviously still need an aerial or satellite link.

Soldato
As above; I would have thought all and more stations can be found on TuneIn or Radio player, etc.

Unless there are specific stations that can only be accessed by using a DAB radio?

Associate
you can get cheapo USB DAB adapters designed to work with android devices. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find an appropriate driver / client application for your operating system of choice.

Soldato
Yeah. Really can't the see the point of DAB on PC, unless of course it's for use in areas where the internet connection is iffy.

Back
Top Bottom