• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Nope, this won't work. For some reason as soon as I put in a manual fan curve, the "Zero RPM" toggle doesn't do anything, so it's sat at 29% fan speed whilst idle instead of 0%. Back to Afterburner I guess...

This is exactly what mine was doing, when I first installed the toggle worked and it was fine, as soon as I clicked to enable manual fans the Zero RPM toggle stopped functioning. I reset the settings to defaults, tried different profiles and restarted and it still wouldn't work. It's like enabling manual fans just breaks zero rpm forever.

Soldato
This is exactly what mine was doing, when I first installed the toggle worked and it was fine, as soon as I clicked to enable manual fans the Zero RPM toggle stopped functioning. I reset the settings to defaults, tried different profiles and restarted and it still wouldn't work. It's like enabling manual fans just breaks zero rpm forever.
Yep. My card even defaults to zero RPM fans and it's still stuck at 29+%!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I tend to agree with this. However, I was getting desperate with my PC refusing to display anything within about a minute of logging in! Thankfully I don't think there's any ill effects this time.

I forgot to add, I did have AfterBurner installed that I was tweaking my GPUs with for ages, its not set to apply on boot but I dont trust it as when its not installed I get far less issues.

Soldato
Loving the new fan setup, really lets you dig deeper into VEGA clocks to achieve cooler running GPU. Will take time to find a setup I like.
The GIF support is a very nice touch and can see that being used for some quick shots etc, The new Replay feature plays the clip right from within game, very cool.

The Auto Overclocking etc
They is a warning about PC crashes etc and from what I read you need to let the GPU find the new speeds I have no idea how long it takes?
The Under voltage I seen work right away but I didn't see any improvement over my already setup VEGA tweak. But out the box tweak its defo better than balanced mode.

Relive
new recording of 7.1 audio is a big plus, audio sounds much better from the recording now seeing before i game with 7.1 and then the recording was 2.0 it messed with the audio abit.

Will test over the weekend the new game streaming features to mobile etc

Soldato
Recorded this bug in BF5 and I noticed the sound quality improvements right away... EXCELLENT :D One issue I had with Relive 2018 was the fact I play in 7.1 but it only recorded in 2.0 the games audio was a little off sounding.

Associate
Anyone else having issues getting the AMD overlay to display in-game. I press alt+R but only the windows desktop mouse icon appears, no overlay in-game. I have to press alt+R again to get rid of the windows mouse icon.

It's always been hit and miss for me, seems to do better if I've got a profile for the game even if nothing is changed IIRC. When what you describe happens to me, the overlay is behind the game, or on the wrong side and behind the game.

Associate
Rolled back to 18.12.1.1 and everything is Rosy and Jim. DooM is one of my favourite games so had to be done.

Exactly what I did, those new drivers are embarrassing, the only upside is AMD haven't hyped them up this time.

Broken features, features that don't work together, black screen issues after installing etc.

Would have been better to have released them as a beta release with a massive disclaimer that they potentially will break your pc.

Associate
Exactly what I did, those new drivers are embarrassing, the only upside is AMD haven't hyped them up this time.

Broken features, features that don't work together, black screen issues after installing etc.

Would have been better to have released them as a beta release with a massive disclaimer that they potentially will break your pc.
Yup, would've been better received as a beta driver, clearly not ready for release.

I do like the features they've added though, will give it a few months and try again, hopefully by then the features I want to use work.

Associate
Yup, would've been better received as a beta driver, clearly not ready for release.

I do like the features they've added though, will give it a few months and try again, hopefully by then the features I want to use work.

I agree the featureset is really really good, and overall the driver package and presentation is top notch. However advertising features and being either deliberately misleading or just not being upfront and clear has p***ed me off, saying you can Auto OC, Auto Clock Mem and Auto UC on the driver notes made me thing "wow i can let the software setup my card" when in reality they should have had a disclaimer saying that only one of the features works at a time and infact they are all broken currently.

Auto OC only affects the Core, ok fine, theres a disclaimer it crashes your GPU, cool, but does it remember the last setting it crashed on? how many times do you need to run it etc? its very unclear, and on initial user appears to not actually do sod all.

Mem OC - 3 State, Auto, Level1 and Level2, none of them actually seem to do much, and do not offer any actual gains in gaming, are these designed for something else?

Auto Undervolt - Ok it does this, but at the same time clocks everything lower, GPU and HBM, so yeah your lowering your power but your also massively handicapping your GPU and its overall performance...

There is no reason as it stands right now to use any of the 3 above features, now if AMD could merge them into one thing that does "GPU Tune" which basically Overclocks your Core and HBM and then fines a stable Voltage for it all, then id be impressed. Pretty sure its possible for them to do this, quite why they didnt make it clear on the above 3 things that this is what they dont do, is unclear to me.

Permabanned
Their seems to be a few issues with the new 2019 package but they might be more to do with my inexperience, The new fan curve only goes up to 70 degrees which seems odd but that may be just me, And in the games section all the installed game windows have a circle that's constantly spinning around even though it should have stopped long ago, It's just going on & on like it's struggling to set the data up. It's also got a little icon in the topright corner that when pressed gives gaming related suggestions which may not work as intended as I unselected chill & enhanced sync last night and they're back on today..

Associate
Their seems to be a few issues with the new 2019 package but they might be more to do with my inexperience, The new fan curve only goes up to 70 degrees which seems odd but that may be just me, And in the games section all the installed game windows have a circle that's constantly spinning around even though it should have stopped long ago, It's just going on & on like it's struggling to set the data up. It's also got a little icon in the topright corner that when pressed gives gaming related suggestions which may not work as intended as I unselected chill & enhanced sync last night and they're back on today..
fan curve - temps go to 75+ for me? strange.
the circling is a bug by looks of it, i managed to make it stop by going into the profile and changing something which would be annoying if you had loads in there.

Last edited:
Associate
The refresh thing on the profiles eventually seems to time out and just not work.

Another issues I seem to be having - though not sure if this is down to the driver, or a recent Windows update - is that it won't remember my sound settings.

I HDMI out to an a/v amp and it keeps resetting itself to stereo and keeps resetting the format. It seems to do this not only randomly but also while I'm trying to set it back, I can set one, set the other and by the time I go back to check that the first setting has stuck it has reset it again. v. annoying. It's also completely lost the option for Dolby under spatial sound.

Back
Top Bottom