Thermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass RGB Edition Full Tower Chassis (AVAILABLITY)

Soldato
So the RGB version is just the same as the normal case but with rgb fans right as i will be using the new corsair RGB for this build, where can you buy the psu shroud to fit this case.

Associate
Have any of you tried to remove / change the position of the motherboard standoff nuts with the included tool yet? Good luck, that's all I'm saying. Oh and be prepared to wipe up the metal shards left behind afterwards. :p

Associate
The box is massive and weighs 22 kg. No wonder only parcel 1 / 2 of the consignments was delivered and they'll deliver the other one the next day. I wonder if I can hire 8 pack to heft it around for me when it's fully built.

You think that the view 71 is "massive" and weight 22kg well when I order my TT 900 was way bigger and weight is 27kg I think the box was about a 1 - 2kg but when you build in it, then it will be more heavy but it is worth it with all that tempered glass.

Happy building:D

Associate
I'm sure there are bigger cases, but the View 71 is in a more conventional form factor than your TT 900, ergo it was more surprising to me that it was so heavy. Just one of the tempered glass side panels feel like half the weight of my previous Corsair Obsidian 750D case.

Associate
I'm sure there are bigger cases, but the View 71 is in a more conventional form factor than your TT 900, ergo it was more surprising to me that it was so heavy. Just one of the tempered glass side panels feel like half the weight of my previous Corsair Obsidian 750D case.

The tempered glass is what makes our cases stand out more then most of the plastic window cases on the market, but the view 71 is a nice case and more conventional But I wanted something different than the normal case and setup and had the money to spend on an upgrade from a air 740, it might be an overkill on Air but I don't care I just like the love the design.

have a nice day

Last edited:
Soldato
I see the biggest PSU this will take in lengh is 220mm, i want to buy the corsair ax1500i whcih is 225mm would it just cover part of the rubber gromits is the only problem i can see.

Soldato
Well it looks like Thermaltake couldn't even be bothered to reply to my email about the issue about psu sizes, so no sale for you then, will just wait until the new corsair 500D SE comes out.

Associate
Yes, I use air cooling with this case....I bought this case as it looks superb and has tons of room, which makes building a breeze and has plenty of airflow. The quality is excellent, it really does tick all the boxes for a premium case. The tempered glass doors swing open and can be removed easily, the front and top panels just snap off to gain access. I have 2 140mm fans on the front and 2 140mm at the top, with 1 140mm exhaust.

With the drive cages removed the build looks clean as all the SSD/HDD are moved to the other side.

I think I spent more time routing cables and making everything perfect than was necessary but having glass on both sides warrants a 'tidy' build - and yes it does look good.

With all the glass in place the case is heavy - I'd recommend all the glass is removed before moving it about.

My only gripe with air cooling is my intention was to mount the gfx card vertical so I bought the cable riser only to find that due to the Noctua cooler size the card wouldn't fit in the vertical bracket. No fault of the case but something to consider if using a big air cooler.

Perhaps a PSU shroud could have been considered but if cabling is tidy then its not a big deal.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes, I use air cooling with this case....I bought this case as it looks superb and has tons of room, which makes building a breeze and has plenty of airflow. The quality is excellent, it really does tick all the boxes for a premium case. The tempered glass doors swing open and can be removed easily, the front and top panels just snap off to gain access. I have 2 140mm fans on the front and 2 140mm at the top, with 1 140mm exhaust.

With the drive cages removed the build looks clean as all the SSD/HDD are moved to the other side.

I think I spent more time routing cables and making everything perfect than was necessary but having glass on both sides warrants a 'tidy' build - and yes it does look good.

With all the glass in place the case is heavy - I'd recommend all the glass is removed before moving it about.

My only gripe with air cooling is my intention was to mount the gfx card vertical so I bought the cable riser only to find that due to the Noctua cooler size the card wouldn't fit in the vertical bracket. No fault of the case but something to consider if using a big air cooler.

Perhaps a PSU shroud could have been considered but if cabling is tidy then its not a big deal.

would love to see your build did you post any pics...that is some serious hardware inside that case mate

Associate

There are no dust filters in the slots. Do not get any dust to the case?

Associate
^ Yes, there are dust filters in the front and top panels (full length), including a pull out filter for the base. They do a great job ensuring no dust gets in.

I'll post some pics at some point.

Back
Top Bottom