Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Loads of cool ideas for room and storage in this thread. Looking ti get a stand for my tv and my consoles but my googlefu seems to be failing me. Could anyone help me possibly find an 8-12 bay shelf suitable for this thats about 4ft in length or am I dreaming will it need to be longer? I can only get up to 4ft in length at the moment in my room largest console it needs to accept is the ps4
Ikea Kallax? Ive seen those used before

Associate
Thanks I have just saw the replies but I actually went to Ikea last night and got a Kallax and got a 12 bay one - going to set it up this weekend.

Just hunting for LED lights now for it with a remote.

Soldato
Put my 2 retro pcs into storage in the loft today until I can get my man cave back (if ever :o)

Left - TIME 1.8ghz ahtlon xp. 1GB ram. radeon 9200se. Windows XP
Right - MESH. 1ghz athlon. 256mb ram. geforce mx 440. Windows 98se

Also managed to get the 17" CRT in the loft by myself which was not easy!

Associate
Put my 2 retro pcs into storage in the loft today until I can get my man cave back (if ever :o)

Left - TIME 1.8ghz ahtlon xp. 1GB ram. radeon 9200se. Windows XP
Right - MESH. 1ghz athlon. 256mb ram. geforce mx 440. Windows 98se

Also managed to get the 17" CRT in the loft by myself which was not easy!

The Mesh is the same I had back in 2000 and I think the spec is the same. Online literature relating to Mesh Computers is pretty thin on the ground!

It cost me a small fortune at the time, paired with 19" Sony Trinitron. I had a SBLive Drive with the front plate you could plug headphones etc. Day of Defeat and Counterstrike run really well. Only Operations Flashpoint made it crawl (if you set the view distance to maximum) but then I don't think there was a PC at the time capable of running OpFlash with all options maxed out.

Sadly my Mesh along with the monitor got skipped around 10 years ago. When looking back it was madness, all in working condition (albeit slow) and the reason it got sent to the tip due to space! Still miss it and glad you posted this as I had forgotten what the case was like! The Time machine is nice looking case.:)

Soldato
Just picked up a Duke and S Xbox controller in pretty much perfect condition for £15 the pair from CEX..... The Duke is ace really missed this controller.....

x40j1e.jpg

Soldato
If I buy Half-Life for DC on eBay is it likely to be a GD-ROM? Will it work on a factory Dreamcast (mine is a HKT-3030)?
I may be wrong but pretty sure you can just download it online and burn it to a disc?

But then it would be cool to have that packaging etc ^

Nice bit of history with that version. I think Blue Shift was supposed to be exclusive to the dreamcast too

Soldato
If I buy Half-Life for DC on eBay is it likely to be a GD-ROM? Will it work on a factory Dreamcast (mine is a HKT-3030)?

It'll be fine on all of them now, I think it uses the same exploit new release DC games use to be region free/loadable without the original Sega approval things :)

I may be wrong but pretty sure you can just download it online and burn it to a disc?

But then it would be cool to have that packaging etc ^

Nice bit of history with that version. I think Blue Shift was supposed to be exclusive to the dreamcast too

Yeah pretty sure you can do it your self but I liked the novelty of a nicely mastered disc (and I can't find my cd writer). Blue shift was meant to be a DC only release back in the day, it's on my copy as well!

Soldato
It'll be fine on all of them now, I think it uses the same exploit new release DC games use to be region free/loadable without the original Sega approval things :)

Yeah pretty sure you can do it your self but I liked the novelty of a nicely mastered disc (and I can't find my cd writer). Blue shift was meant to be a DC only release back in the day, it's on my copy as well!

Very cool, may look one out for myself

Soldato
:O who ever got that is very lucky MGS is £40 odd!! I paid over a tenner just for Fzero gx as well
The Wii games will be £100+ alone. Melee is like £50 I think, resi games are like £30 each. I've asked for them but she's not replied to the post yet, someone a minute before me PMed them.

Back
Top Bottom