DJI Osmo Pocket

Soldato
www.dji.com/osmo-pocket

This looks really good so I ordered one yesterday and look forward to trying it out when it arrives in 2-3 weeks.

For what I'll use it for it suits me better than a GoPro and will be ideal when I don't want to carry a big gimbal for my camera but want to capture some 4K footage. Also ideal for vlogging.

Soldato

This does look good. I have the 7 Black with a ISteady Pro gimbal, and the Pocket is miles smaller than this setup.

I'll wait for videos from it but I'll probably invest in one in the near future.

Soldato
OP
Trouble with the Osmo or any other handheld gimbal has always been the z-axis, and this doesn't seem to address that still.

You can get z-axis stabiliser arms for handheld gimbals (although it's just more to carry) and there may be one released for this later but for what this intended for I think it's ideal.

Caporegime
Saw this come up in my emails so had a look and pre ordered one as I’ve been after a gimbal. Was originally looking at some of the indiegogo gimbals that are going to be released but none of them really caught my eye.

But this one from DJI is small and compact. Might get the attachment for it for my iPhone at some point in the future.

Soldato
DJI's rate of product development is fantastic. I can't wait for them to face up to GoPro directly and come out with something game-changing.

This, and also a comparison with CSCs. I was thinking of getting a Feiyu Tech G6 Plus as it has attachments for GoPro, phone and CSCs, but depending on how this holds up, I might be swayed given how small it is!

Caporegime
Not yet, meant to be shipping this week according to the email I got.

Seems like dji have pushed a firmware update already for it. Meant to fix a few issues namely audio and auto focus.

Looking forward to getting mine and having a play. Will be great for taking on holidays with the missus, rather than having to pull my iPhone out all the tome I can have this and it seems quite tiny.

Soldato
OP
Mine shipped on Tuesday from China by DHL

As it's DHL I'm not holding me breath of it arriving before Christmas.. but it is the time of year for miracles

Soldato
There's new videos on YouTube showing the Pocket, and they look really good.

And they can look even better with a couple of updates. I'm certain to get a Pocket in the new year.

Caporegime
Well I thought I would be getting mine this week but sadly nope. The place I ordered from haven’t received any stock plus I ordered the expansion pack for £99 as well so that will probably hold my order up for a bit longer.

I’ll give it another week or so then decide whether to go somewhere else and get it. But I have a feeling stock is going to be pretty tight now that Xmas is coming up.

Having said that, my mate got one yesterday...pre ordered so had a little play with his and I can’t get over the size of it. It’s such a small device and packs a lot of features. So far from my brief testing it’s pretty cool, just kinda wished they had somehow put the wireless module into the device rather than having it as a separate piece. But I suppose it would have made it bigger than it is at the moment.

Just hoping I get mine before Xmas.

Soldato
OP
Mine shipped on Tuesday from China by DHL

As it's DHL I'm not holding me breath of it arriving before Christmas.. but it is the time of year for miracles

Well miracles do happen! it is at the collection depot so I'll get it on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Soldato
OP
Arrived today:

Osmo.jpg

I've not opened it yet, I'm busy with work this week so may keep it for Christmas lol

I'm not sure what I was expecting but the box is so small, can't wait to give it a go.

Caporegime
Well I’ve finally had an update from the place I ordered from. They will have mine in a few days but due to me ordering the expansion pack, it will delay my order a little while longer.

So will call them and ask them to cancel the expansion pack, I can get that at a later date.

Hopefully I’ll get mine end of this week or before Xmas at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom