New Build won't boot - out of ideas

Associate
Hi All,

I've just put together my build and when I hit the power button everything lights up but nothing shows on the screen.

AMD bundle Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Strix x370F
Gigabyte Aorus RGB 16GB (2*8GB)
Team Group 480GB SSF
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro +
Be quiet pure power 600w
Cooler master MC500M
WD 1TB blue 7200rpm
Corsair Hydro Series H115i Pro

I've tried everything I can think of.
Swapped the ram around
Checked and reset all cables
Everything
Cleared the cmos
Tried another psu
Tried another gpu
Taken the mb out the case and stripped everything off. Reset the cpu and tried booting with a minimum setup - cpu, gpu, 1 stick of ram, ssd.

All these have the same result, the boot gets stuck at the white light (vga) and nothing is shown on the screen.

I assume there's no compatibility issues seeing this is a ocuk bundle?

Any ideas what else I can try?

Thanks,

Soldato
has the thermal paste been applied correctly and have you checked the cpu for bent pins?

my ryzen was 2nd hand, but i had the same issue and after trying what you tried i checked and found the thermal paste was applied terribly and the cpu wasnt sitting in the socket properly which i found to be couple bent pins that i managed to fix which resulted in the cpu fitting the socket and locking in to place.

Associate
OP
has the thermal paste been applied correctly and have you checked the cpu for bent pins?

my ryzen was 2nd hand, but i had the same issue and after trying what you tried i checked and found the thermal paste was applied terribly and the cpu wasnt sitting in the socket properly which i found to be couple bent pins that i managed to fix which resulted in the cpu fitting the socket and locking in to place.

I have, when I reset the cpu I had a look and didn't notice anything wrong. When I rebuilt it out the case I took the aio cooler off and put the stock one on. Both seems tight to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have, when I reset the cpu I had a look and didn't notice anything wrong. When I rebuilt it out the case I took the aio cooler off and put the stock one on. Both seems tight to me.

i thought that at one stage, but the cpu could be lifted, also in my case would stick to the cooler when i took it off, but thats not to say theres no bent or nearly bent pins or paste on the connectors still.

1. have you got all cables connected in the appropriate ports and locked in to play? not judging your ability, just easily done.
  2. have you tried other ram just in case theres an issue with that you listed? couldnt say if they are compatible or not as my ram isnt listed on the sheet for my board, but works and its not uncommon for new ram to be faulty.
  3. are you even able to get to bios or simply no visuals whatsoever?
  4. what screen are you using and how is it connected?

Associate
OP
Cheers guys any ideas how I find out what version the bios is?

I assumed as OCUK were selling it as part of a kit it would be ready to go

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £659.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Also here's a pic, anything obvious? I'm blind for looking

aluminum and oxygen

i thought that at one stage, but the cpu could be lifted, also in my case would stick to the cooler when i took it off, but thats not to say theres no bent or nearly bent pins or paste on the connectors still.

1. have you got all cables connected in the appropriate ports and locked in to play? not judging your ability, just easily done - I think so
  2. have you tried other ram just in case theres an issue with that you listed? couldnt say if they are compatible or not as my ram isnt listed on the sheet for my board, but works and its not uncommon for new ram to be fault - no I haven't any DDR4 Ram available, i'll try and get some
  3. are you even able to get to bios or simply no visuals whatsoever? no visuals - nothing displays on the screen
  4. what screen are you using and how is it connected? I've tried two - acer G276HL using HDMI and an old samsung that uses dvi

aHtGNNb

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry did not see that it was the bundle deal.

I would make a post in Customer Services seeing as you have already done extensive troubleshooting and as you say, it should be ready to go.

Soldato
Gigabyte onlyvendor that will flash Bios for you free of charge . if bought separately, normally OCUK wouldnt flash the parts before or after but with Bundle deals they will as it should work from the start.

is there a sticker on the asus box with "Ryzen 2000 ready" ?

Associate
OP
Gigabyte onlyvendor that will flash Bios for you free of charge . if bought separately, normally OCUK wouldnt flash the parts before or after but with Bundle deals they will as it should work from the start.

is there a sticker on the asus box with "Ryzen 2000 ready" ?

I had a quick look and didn't see one just said Ryzen ready. I'll check properly tonight

Associate
Hi all, i had similar problem with AMD RYZEN 3 2200G + ASRock AMD AB350 Pro4 AM4 ATX but my spec was : AMD RYZEN 3 2200G + ASRock AMD AB350 Pro4 AM4 ATX + EVGA 600 BQ + Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15.

What i did, just bought A8 9600, and flash bios, if OP want i can borrow him my spare cpu.

Associate
OP
Hi all, i had similar problem with AMD RYZEN 3 2200G + ASRock AMD AB350 Pro4 AM4 ATX but my spec was : AMD RYZEN 3 2200G + ASRock AMD AB350 Pro4 AM4 ATX + EVGA 600 BQ + Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15.

What i did, just bought A8 9600, and flash bios, if OP want i can borrow him my spare cpu.

Thanks for the offer but I'm RMA'ing the CPU,MB & RAM so OCUK can sort it out.

After spending hours trying to fix this I won't be too amused if they sent the bundle out without a compatible MB.... I'll post back when I get a solution.

Soldato
Thanks for the offer but I'm RMA'ing the CPU,MB & RAM so OCUK can sort it out.

After spending hours trying to fix this I won't be too amused if they sent the bundle out without a compatible MB.... I'll post back when I get a solution.

that seems like a lot of faff, there was already a kit linked above which is free, if you cant be bothered with that then try get the board replaced with the x470 version which will be ready for 2nd gen out the box.

unfortunately with the x370/a320/b350 the bios support is a lottery to whether it would support 2nd gen, some places state in the description about might needing a bios update and some only told via customer reviews. id be in the same boat as i dont know what my b350 came with.

Associate
OP
Well she's up and running, looks like the MB bios needed updating.... that's hours of my life I'll never get back.

Thanks for your help and suggestions all; I'm not going mad after all and OcUK's RMA service was excellent.

Associate
Well she's up and running, looks like the MB bios needed updating.... that's hours of my life I'll never get back.

Thanks for your help and suggestions all; I'm not going mad after all and OcUK's RMA service was excellent.

Was there any compensation at all? Curious as it was a bundle.

Associate
OP
Was there any compensation at all? Curious as it was a bundle.

lol no, I thought they might have mentioned something if it was genuinely their fault, which it looks like it was.... It appears I was sent a MB without the updated bios as part of a bundle which let’s be honest, should work!

I spent hours tearing my hair out but I guess stuff happens

Associate
lol no, I thought they might have mentioned something if it was genuinely their fault, which it looks like it was.... It appears I was sent a MB without the updated bios as part of a bundle which let’s be honest, should work!

I spent hours tearing my hair out but I guess stuff happens

Yeah a gesture would have been sufficient but nothing isn't great. Understand if it's new tech but Ryzen has been out for a while now and these issues are well known.

Soldato
Could have at least sent you a OCUK mug so you could have a nice cuppa.

Main thing is, it is working now, hope you didn't have to pay to return it.

Back
Top Bottom