***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I recently found a Complete C+H Collection in a lovely box and bought it for a ludicrous sum, but I love it. Also have a framed print on my bedroom wall that the Mrs was surprisingly fine with.

Soldato
I just found an unopened Apollo Saturn I'd forgotten about that they sent for free because the one I ordered never showed up. Then after the replacement was delivered, I found the first one in the post room at work :/

Soldato
Apologies if a noob question, but is there a site with DIY models and a build list of parts (with a place to buy)? I really really really want a SHADO Mobile. I've seen quite a few online, but no build list etc.

Soldato
Quick sense check fellas.

I was on HUKD the other night and noticed a 40% discount code for the official LEGO UK store. Figuring this is too good an opportunity to pass up, I go through the checkout and pick up the £650 Millennium Falcon at £390.

Checkout goes through all hunky dory and then I get an e-mail to confirm that I'll be charged at full price, even though at checkout I was advised of the lesser value.

I ping an e-mail into customer services immediately to see what's happened and they've confirmed that it was a code I shouldn't have used (I think it's an employee discount that got leaked), and that my order would still go through at the full price, and it would have to be delivered still because "it's in the warehouse now and can't bring it back".

I don't want the Falcon at full price and they've advised ways to return it for free, but, the thing is huge, and this whole thing has been a massive faff. They've even advised in the e-mail that it shouldn't have gone through, and also acknowledged that the discount code was used, but not applied. Seems odd to me and a little bit shady.

As I've got the e-mail from them saying the code was used but not applied when being charged do I have any comeback for this? Perhaps push it further with their customer services department, or just suck it up and send it back? I'm not suggesting I should get the Falcon at the discounted rate, but certainly some incentive for this mess?

Soldato
Thanks for the answers all.

I've already accepted delivery, didn't want to refuse the parcel and for it to potentially get lost in the ether somewhere, don't really fancy losing £650 this time of year (or any, for that matter! :D)

Will probably have to just send the bloody thing back.

Probably not, they realised their error before sending you the item and warned that full price will be charged.

They told me at the checkout the lower price was the actual price. It was only PayPal that advised that the full price was charged. LEGO did nothing to assist.

Associate
Quick sense check fellas.

I was on HUKD the other night and noticed a 40% discount code for the official LEGO UK store. Figuring this is too good an opportunity to pass up, I go through the checkout and pick up the £650 Millennium Falcon at £390.

Our internal staff discount was leaked online, it was immediately flagged Thursday night internally and changed.

Unfortunately I guess it's caused a few people a headache in terms of dealing with the cost or returning it.

Back
Top Bottom