**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Dan 'carry me out in a coffin' Hooker. What a warrior! His corner might consider investing in some towels though, and learn how to throw them. Every time i see Barboza on screen my legs hurt.

Associate
Dan 'carry me out in a coffin' Hooker. What a warrior! His corner might consider investing in some towels though, and learn how to throw them. Every time i see Barboza on screen my legs hurt.

That fight was absurd. Letting their fighter get destroyed like that is ridiculous.

Awesome card though. The prelims were very good too, worth a watch if anyone missed them.

Associate
Awesome card though. The prelims were very good too, worth a watch if anyone missed them.

I thought that too. A few really good scraps in there. You can never tell before time how good a UFC event is going to be just by looking at the draws. Sometimes it's a real banger from start to finish.

Associate
Apparently it's a residual amount from his last test...
Either way, pretty poor that the whole event is being moved to LA a few days before it's scheduled to take place. The travelling fans get shafted.

Soldato
I thought the one he was caught using back in 2017, which lead to this ban, was supposed to be some fast acting metabolite which is why it was detectable/in his system and then undetectable/out of his system within a day or two - why is it still being picked up now if he's not been using?

Soldato
Jones involved in drug cheating suspicion, hands up, who's surprised?

I actually am. I can't fathom how someone who has been caught even once does it a second time let alone a third time.

The man is clearly unstoppable and should have been banned for life on the second offence.

Soldato
Outside of his actual fighting abilities I'm no fan of JJ, but if anything this is USADA's fault. Jones hasn't been unfairly treated, but if, like they've said, this isn't a reingestion of the substance but remaining effects from the July 2017 positive test then personally I don't see the issue.

Soldato
Outside of his actual fighting abilities I'm no fan of JJ, but if anything this is USADA's fault. Jones hasn't been unfairly treated, but if, like they've said, this isn't a reingestion of the substance but remaining effects from the July 2017 positive test then personally I don't see the issue.

The problem with the excuse they've given is that this December test he failed isn't the only time Jones has been tested. In the other tests no Turinabol was detected, so how is it present in the latest test but not the ones before that? As some MMA people have pointed out, this could just be poorly done micro-dosing by Jones that he's been caught for. Also, another UFC fighter was given a two year ban for having 17 picograms of Turinabol in his system, meanwhile Jones is getting away with having 60 picograms in his system.

The whole thing is BS, if Jones wasn't such a draw then the UFC would have given him a lifetime ban years ago. Imo their desperation to keep such an obvious repeat drug cheat on the books really tarnishes the reputation of the sport and the organisation.

Soldato
I'm struggling to give Jones the benefit of the doubt simply because of his history - fair or not I think a lot of people will doubt him!

My issue is the ludicrousness of moving an entire card to a completely different state for the benefit of one guy - that is literally tens of thousands of people put out just so Jones can fight! If Jones had anything about him he'd recognise that other people were suffering because of him and simply withdraw from the card - yes this would leave Gus without a fight but the card itself would still have a main event with the Nunes vs Cyborg fight!

I love watching Jones fight but the UFC needs to start acting like a professional organisation rather than bowing to the whim of a few guys that simply do what they want!

Back
Top Bottom