18 pin + 10 Pin connectors on PSU for 24 Pin ATX power help.

Associate
It's been about 7 years since I've built a PC, so am a bit rusty. I'm in the middle of a building a new base unit. I've stopped for tonight as I've just started on the beers, but there is an 18 pin and 10 pin connector running from the 24 pin ATX power connection on the mobo to the PSU. Should I connect them both? Also there is a CPU PWR_1 and CPU PWR_2 on the mobo. I've connected CPU PWR_1, but there is no 4 pin plug available for CPU PWR_2. Help please.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aaah yes that makes more sense now. You have the 24 pin at one end, and the 10+18pin connectors go into the PSU. You should have a 4+4pin EPS/ATX12V cable for the 8 pin on the motherboard.

Associate
OP
OK so connect both the 18 pin and 10 pin to the PSU from the 24 pin ATX power connection, but the CPU PWR_1 is 8 pin and CPU PWR_2 is 4 pin. I don't have an 8+4 connector, or any 4 pin connector. The CPU_PWR_1 is already connected, but I've not switched it on yet. Just the SSD and HDD to connect to mobo in the morning, and the wiring from the case to the mobo and it should be done. The first time you switch on a PC after it has been built has always been squeaky bum time for me :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
CPU PWR_1 is 8 pin and CPU_2 is 4 pin. There is no 2x4 pin or any 4 pin in the cables I had with the fully modular PSU.

Soldato
8 pin EPS12V connector is enough until some very special cooling needing CPU overclocking.
Extra connectors are marketroid's excrement and waste of money, which would have been better spent elsewhere.
Or just having few £ cheaper price for consumer.

Back
Top Bottom