Hire car of win

OcUK Staff
You can rent mine for £600 a day :)

I'll give you a tank of fuel and an SVR in exchange. :p

If I ever did go R8 I prefer your shape over the latest one as latest one aint doing it for me, looks so TT its embarrassing from certain angles and it seems even wider.

Man of Honour
If I ever did go R8 I prefer your shape over the latest one as latest one aint doing it for me, looks so TT its embarrassing from certain angles and it seems even wider.

From certain angles I've mistaken the new one before for the TT that is stylised like the R8 dunno why it just doesn't seem to have the road presence the old one had which looks every bit the big car it is.

Soldato
From certain angles I've mistaken the new one before for the TT that is stylised like the R8 dunno why it just doesn't seem to have the road presence the old one had which looks every bit the big car it is.

R8s aren’t that big at all. I agree the old shape still looks amazing - timeless design. I kinda prefer the curves on the old one too.

Performance wise they feel miles apart. The R8 V10 plus felt unbelievably quick, the gearbox is sublime.

I’ve got a hire car full of win right now - a 2017 Skoda Superb.

Man of Honour
R8s aren’t that big at all. I agree the old shape still looks amazing - timeless design. I kinda prefer the curves on the old one too.

Performance wise they feel miles apart. The R8 V10 plus felt unbelievably quick, the gearbox is sublime.

They aren't that tall but quite wide and a fairly length - the old one feels like it has a big presence on the road - the new one not so much IMO.

I actually thought they were a big longer than they are - I always perceived them as longer than they are.

Caporegime
@Gibbo, passed a blue (same colour as yours) SVR mangled on the A50 just outside Holmes Chapel this afternoon, the white haired guy stood by it talking to the 5-0 told me it wasn’t you but please confirm she’s still intact!!!

God knows how he’d apparently stacked it, nothing else involved bar some epic black lines on the road, ran out of talent I’m guessing, but on such a car it begs the question how?!?

Sgarrista
Commissario
God knows how he’d apparently stacked it, nothing else involved bar some epic black lines on the road, ran out of talent I’m guessing, but on such a car it begs the question how?!?

You can have all the talent in the world, but if youre a dick with cars this powerful they can still spit you out. Especially if he had TC off or similar to show off, or, as most SVR's run... pzero tyres LAL.

Soldato
I hate how sporty cars kept coming with P-zeros, they are ******* terrible tyres. Luckily they started putting good ones on some of them now as people noticed how bad they were. Even the current Fiesta ST comes with Michelin super sports.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You can have all the talent in the world, but if youre a dick with cars this powerful they can still spit you out. Especially if he had TC off or similar to show off, or, as most SVR's run... pzero tyres LAL.

All the talent in the world won't necessarily help if you hit a patch of surface that destabilises the car in some way. We've got a bit on the exit to the carpark at work where something must have got spilt into the surface or something - in light rain or other moist conditions it becomes incredibly slick - for some reason not a problem when dry or soaking wet.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo, passed a blue (same colour as yours) SVR mangled on the A50 just outside Holmes Chapel this afternoon, the white haired guy stood by it talking to the 5-0 told me it wasn’t you but please confirm she’s still intact!!!

Nope not me or my car, mine is all safe and sound, just passed 26,000 miles after a few days away. :)

If you mean A50 as in straight bit or just after coming of a roundabout?
The SVR always goes to put its power to the rear tyres, even in wet mode the initial torque goes to rears so if he has got carried away on a corner exit it probably let go, if he has done it in a straight line then I am baffled even on Pzero's.

I've played with mine quite a lot, even if you put it in wet mode, TC in track mode and drive round a roundabout on the edge of traction then mash the throttle the rear steps right out and you have to counter steer to prevent a spin and modulate throttle to bring it back, even with TC in track mode, in dynamic mode its even more rear driven.

Its a short wheel base 600HP car, it snaps really quick, but as long as you know that after the initial snap its amazingly progressive and its a car you can either drive smooth or drive by scruff of its neck, it feels somewhat rear driven but with some added security and incredible traction for corner exit and off the line starts, considering it can hit 3.3s to 60mph in pouring rain its epic in a straight line.

No idea how he could have lost it especially as weather is on milder side, unless road is greasy then it can be like ice and no car is good in such conditions and if your an idiot then it will bite you in the ass.

Shall be a very hard car to replace thats for sure as all the contenders fall short really, 570S sounds rubbish, 458 is old, GT3 RWD, only real option that has no downsides is a Huracan LP610-4, well there is a downside it cost double (150K) and cost around 5x more to run as well.

Man of Honour
I'll give you a tank of fuel and an SVR in exchange. :p

Yup, the previous model definitely looks better.

OcUK Staff
It was just past Spinney Motorhomes, straight road, dry, nothing else involved, made a real mess of it mind, 10/10 for effort!

Don't suppose you recall the reg do you?
Did it have the grey wheels I had on at the meet or the newer wheels I've got now the diamond cut ones?

I only ask as my mate sold his SVR the other week, wanted a quick sale and so a trader took it off him for 67.5k, then trader put it up at 73k at it sold within a week as it was priced cheap, just wondering if it was maybe that car and owner has already written it off as its in that area and well there is not many blue SVR's about, extremely rare car.

Still amazed at how you lose an SVR in the dry in a straight line unless there was some dramatic failure or loss of concentration at the wheel. Even when I had a rear tyre explode in my 911 at nearly 100mph, the car remain planted and did not even step out at all, was an almighty bang though.

Caporegime
Don't suppose you recall the reg do you?
Did it have the grey wheels I had on at the meet or the newer wheels I've got now the diamond cut ones?

I only ask as my mate sold his SVR the other week, wanted a quick sale and so a trader took it off him for 67.5k, then trader put it up at 73k at it sold within a week as it was priced cheap, just wondering if it was maybe that car and owner has already written it off as its in that area and well there is not many blue SVR's about, extremely rare car.

Still amazed at how you lose an SVR in the dry in a straight line unless there was some dramatic failure or loss of concentration at the wheel. Even when I had a rear tyre explode in my 911 at nearly 100mph, the car remain planted and did not even step out at all, was an almighty bang though.
No mate, just a fleeting glance as I passed, didn’t clock the reg nor anything else to be honest, just got a horrible “what if its Gibbo” thought, just glad it wasn’t to be fair, a definite case of ran out of talent, overtake gone bad or something akin I’m guessing....

OcUK Staff
No mate, just a fleeting glance as I passed, didn’t clock the reg nor anything else to be honest, just got a horrible “what if its Gibbo” thought, just glad it wasn’t to be fair, a definite case of ran out of talent, overtake gone bad or something akin I’m guessing....

On the plus side the occupants were OK and its one less SVR on the road, makes mine more valuable. :D

Associate
OP
Well, he's heading back over at the end of the week and this time I'll get to have a play in this :eek: :cool:

DSC-0278-612x390.jpg

Back
Top Bottom